[MOD] (ALPHA 7) Blood Pact by JuliaEllie - ALPHA SEVEN! (F this S)

Started by JuliaEllie, September 28, 2014, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentauros87

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 12, 2014, 02:25:21 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i cannot grow bloody ivy, I put down a growing zone and set the zone to bloody ivy and my colonists dont do anything, i see it needs to be on a bloody flo0or thing, but idk how to get tht :( and i also dont know how to get blood jars or leafs, any help?!?!

I've just started exploring this mod, very interesting  ;) you need to build the altar in order to slaughter corpses and obtain blood jars, uses to soak the terrain.

kentauros87

Other noob question: exactly, how much decorations are needed for obtaining pact strength, and what about the ivy? it's needed a big plantation, or a large quantity of stocked ivy?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: kentauros87 on October 12, 2014, 02:37:02 PM
Other noob question: exactly, how much decorations are needed for obtaining pact strength, and what about the ivy? it's needed a big plantation, or a large quantity of stocked ivy?

You only need one decoration in order to be able to obtain Pact Strength but you get more for every decoration you have. (1 decoration = 1/sacrifice, 2 decoration = 2/sacrifice, n decoration n/sacrifice) only living Blood Ivy on the fields counts so you need big plantations.

Smasher5523

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 12, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

You only need one decoration in order to be able to obtain Pact Strength but you get more for every decoration you have. (1 decoration = 1/sacrifice, 2 decoration = 2/sacrifice, n decoration n/sacrifice) only living Blood Ivy on the fields counts so you need big plantations.
Ohh, so decorations increase pact strength? if so i'll be to 5000 in a few seconds :D

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 12, 2014, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 12, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

Ohh, so decorations increase pact strength? if so i'll be to 5000 in a few seconds :D

No they dont increase the Pact Strength but they increase the amount of Pact Strength you gain per sacrifice.

Smasher5523

New problem, i am sacrificing the leaves i get from the bloody ivy, and i am not getting any pact strength, this supposed to happen?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 12, 2014, 04:28:50 PM
New problem, i am sacrificing the leaves i get from the bloody ivy, and i am not getting any pact strength, this supposed to happen?

How many Decorations do you have?

kentauros87

Same problem here: I built 2 bloody art, 2 skull poles, 2 skull piles, the altar and the other buildings and a huge plantation with fully grown ivy. I get no pact strength when I do sacrifices. Other things, like the marines factions, seem to work fine.

shadowstreaker

I just find it funny how creatures will try and eat the jars of blood, but for whatever reason they cant so they just sit there trying to until they die of starvation

Smasher5523

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 12, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 12, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

How many Decorations do you have?
Three skull poles

Demonlord091

The Gibbet cage from the very first version of Rimworld (and quite a few after it) might be a good fit with this mod.

You could stuff the animals you don't eat in them since they can't be sacrificed, freak out your visitors and prisoners a bit. Just a random amusing idea.

Haven't actually managed to get any pact strength yet but i still love the idea behind this mod. I've always been a fan of the Warhammer 40k stuff.

Scourge

I'm not getting any Pact Strength either and I got about 6 to 7 blood sigils as well as 2 skullspears and 1 skullgathering place.

When loading the mod I see an error message in the menu

Exception reading nailerrimmarine.xml as xml: expected >, but found s[115]line 157, position 12... (Rest doesn't show)

Config error in bloodpact: TraitDef bloodpact has 0 commonality.

Demonlord091

Same here, Scourge.

20 Skull Posts, 20 Bloody Art, 20 Skull Piles, 10 Sacrificed Jars of Blood, 10 Blood Leaf, 10 Human Skulls, and 30 semi-fresh corpses.   0 Pact Strength.

I think we can safely say we have an Error.

Also found a compatibility issue with the Recipe Nurse. Seems if you try using the EdB Prepare Carefully mod located here:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0    the button for harvesting organs and replacing limbs stops working.  You can poke the thing for hours and all it'll do is freeze the game for a few seconds.  No Error message in the logs for it though.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Scourge

Quote from: Demonlord091 on October 17, 2014, 03:48:30 PM
Same here, Scourge.

20 Skull Posts, 20 Bloody Art, 20 Skull Piles, 10 Sacrificed Jars of Blood, 10 Blood Leaf, 10 Human Skulls, and 30 semi-fresh corpses.   0 Pact Strength.

I think we can safely say we have an Error.

Also found a compatibility issue with the Recipe Nurse. Seems if you try using the EdB Prepare Carefully mod located here:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0    the button for harvesting organs and replacing limbs stops working.  You can poke the thing for hours and all it'll do is freeze the game for a few seconds.  No Error message in the logs for it though.

I can't say that I had a problem with Prepare carefully and harvesting the organs yet. Will have to try that and see if I encounter the same problem.

The blood pact trait also doesn't gets added to the colonists. Maybe thats the problem.

Demonlord091

QuoteThe blood pact trait also doesn't gets added to the colonists. Maybe that's the problem.

That's the reason I attempted to use the EdB Prepare Carefully mod.

Unfortunately making colonists members of the Blood Pact by adding on that trait does not fix the problem of Pact Strength not increasing with sacrifices.

Added in a few more detailed screenshots of the Error Message. Four images are too large so I'll split them between the two posts if possible.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]