Fallout 2 Artstyle

Started by wiliiy, September 30, 2014, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiliiy

Since the creators said the current textures were placeholders, i think the final texture should be inspired by Fallout 2's Artstyle.

Immagine colonists fighting off raiders as if they were in Fallout 2.

Wouldn't that be fridging epic ?

Dr. Z

Don't konw where you read that but as far as I know the graphic style is final and won't be changed anymore. Although I like the artstyle of Fallout 2, RimWorld isn't shown from iso perspective but from the top down. I think an art style which shows less details is better then a rather detailed one like Fallout 2.
Prasie the Squirrel!

vagineer1

I would like to see a Fallout texture pack.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Johnny Masters

I don't know what to say, because i love fallout, but i have no idea exactly how fallout art style would slip into the game engine

But sure, a fallout texture pack, however it would look, would be neat. Anything fallout related as well would make a good mod; real power armor, giant scorpions or any kind of radioactive mutated...thingies. one-sleeved jumpsuits, stimpacks, drugs, perks, dark humor, colt .223, supersledge hammers, dogmeats, deathclaws, power cells, nuka cola, radioactive gamma gulp beer, caps instead of silver, etcetera.

wiliiy

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 01, 2014, 05:02:52 AM
Don't konw where you read that but as far as I know the graphic style is final and won't be changed anymore. Although I like the artstyle of Fallout 2, RimWorld isn't shown from iso perspective but from the top down. I think an art style which shows less details is better then a rather detailed one like Fallout 2.

Huh pretty sure i read somewhere the art style was a placeholder. Guess i'm wrong

discogeek

Some of the artwork is placeholder.  Haven't seen that the entire graphics package is alpha too.  That's probably what you saw and my guess just thought it went further than intended.  No harm.