Draft / Undraft Everyone Button

Started by nja, November 05, 2013, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nja

This has been happening a lot lately: my colonists decide that the best time to leave the base is when the raiders are attacking.  When this happens, I have to go through and click on each one individually and draft them and stop them in their tracks, then do the same to undraft them after the raiders have been killed.  A simple button to draft all colonists all at once would be a nice way to automate this.  Think of it as an air raid siren or something, causing everyone to immediately drop what they're doing and prepare for war.

This seems similar to this topic, but simpler, I think.

ShadowDragon8685

You can drag select colonists and zoom way out. Combined, these effectively do the same thing, and you can then click on an area near your kill zone - consider it summoning everyone to the rally point.
Raiders must die!

baronskippy

Perhaps a Battlestations  setting where they would go to preselected defensive positions.

ShadowDragon8685

One-click pillbox staffing? I like it.
Raiders must die!

Lochar

As long as all are undrafted, just a double click on 1 will allow you to draft en masse, but if one was already drafted then it doesnt seem to work. Unless by 1 of your colonists leaving you are saying this doesnt work then?

I use this tho for everything, all dead bodies, same weapon types, but for the non drafting aspects it only seems to work with whats on screen at the time.

But for drafting and undrafting my colonists, I dbl click and draft and when wars over I dbl click and undraft. So far has worked fine for me. Just have to make sure 1 isnt already drafted or undrafted at the time.

AnarchOi

This is the problem I was talking about in my post here here of the solution I came up.
I think its probably the best way to fix colonist behavior during combat... cause as of now they just seem to love getting themselves killed :P