[MOD] (Alpha 6) No Turret (V 1.0.0 / 01.10.2014/ In Testing)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 01, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Over on the suggestions board, someone mentioned removing the improvised turret entirely to see how things go.

WARNING

This will make all your killboxes based on Improvised Turrets useless.  I strongly suggest you test this mod with a new game.

Changelog

v1.0.0: Initial release.
v1.0.1: Fixed research project part of the mod.

Funny thing.  It's not as easy to remove something entirely as it is to replace it, so that's what I did.  Instead of a turret in Security, you now have an armoured wall with 900 HP.  It costs 16 metal per block, however, and it doesn't visibly link (yet) with other walls.

It does not inherit the (what I think is) weakness to explosives defined for walls.  Maybe I will have to add that back at some point, at a reduced rate.

Gun Turret Cooling research is replaced with a project to give the armoured wall fire resistance.

If anyone wants to take a crack at doing a better texture, feel free. :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Romi

Well actually the turrets are useless so this mod change nothing for me.

Jaxxa

You don't speak for everyone.
While personally I wont be trying this mod, that does not mean that no one will enjoy it.

It was specifically requested in another thread as something that people wanted to try out.

Britich

Im on year 2 of my latest game and I never use turrets a New wall might be worth using though cos I normally build a 5 thick wall around my village.
(not British)

Rahjital

It would be great if the difficulty ramp-up or at least raid size was decreased, as without turrets there is no bait raiders can shoot at instead of your colonists.

Quote from: Romi on October 01, 2014, 06:35:56 AM
Well actually the turrets are useless so this mod change nothing for me.

Then you haven't discovered the impunity with which a properly built turrets can mow down raids. ;)