Alitaria

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 02, 2014, 08:09:04 AM
My current favourite world and location:

Game version: Alpha 7
Seed: 8awm
Size: 200x150
Good location: 6.93oE - 18.13oN
Screenshot of location: http://i.imgur.com/RfNQJc8.png
Completely enclosed except for a 1 block wide entrance to the west. Terrain is mountains and it comes with a southern coast. :D
Factions:
1 Outlander
2 Tribal
2 Pirate
Their relations towards you can vary, so their relations towards your colony based there may differ from their relations with my colony.
But along with the pirates being hostile, one of the tribals are also hostile towards me.

There is also a Temperate Forest, mountains area with an eastern coast at 3.75E 48N
Comes with a Geothermal Vent on the beach
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Romi

Well i would like to waste my time on the
beach with soda and energy!Thank you

Angie

I've been trying forever to find somewhere with mountains/large hills & coastal waters... mmmmm.

milon

Quote from: Angie on October 06, 2014, 11:22:43 AM
I've been trying forever to find somewhere with mountains/large hills & coastal waters... mmmmm.

Me too, until I found one and tried to build along the coast.  You can't build on shallow water (and fertilizer pumps do nothing to it), but pawns can walk across shallow water.  Which means building on the shore is a BAD idea - it's just another side to defend.

milon

Seed: THE WORLD IS SQUARE
Size: 200 x 150

Features: In the southeast corner is a single tile of mountainous jungle with a southern coast.  Debug coords (174, 11).  includes 2 beach geothermal vents and 2 small waterfront mountains.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Encode on October 06, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
ItchyFlea, do the raiders appear on the right and bottom sides that are closed off from the rest of the map? If they were to siege from those sides, it would be a pain to dig a path to them, or maybe it is worst to leave them alone and let them die/clutter that side of the map...
The whole map is open. That area in the screenshot is only accessible through that tiny spot on the left.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

spiritus80

awsome landscapes

"poseidon" , "nova" , "elf"

Edited:

"dust"

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: milon on October 07, 2014, 03:40:59 PM
Seed: THE WORLD IS SQUARE
Size: 200 x 150

Features: In the southeast corner is a single tile of mountainous jungle with a southern coast.  Debug coords (174, 11).  includes 2 beach geothermal vents and 2 small waterfront mountains.
Geothermal vents are spawned randomly on the map when a new game is started. They're not tied to the world seed. Sadly. I found out this the hard way. Also, the enemy faction locations aren't tied to the seed either.

milon

Didn't know that about the geo's.  Bummer.
I knew about the enemy factions - every time you generate a world, it'll give you random pirate/tribe/outlander numbers and locations.  Ah well.

(Please tell me someone caught the really obvious seed reference, or else I'll feel really old.)

Angie

Seed: Angiebaby (heh)
Centrish- jungle 72.34 & 20

Nice central area & East coast, vents a plenty, gold ore right there and plenty of easy ways to section yourself off from invaders

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Romi

Happy to see everyone post awesome seeds here.Good work everybody!I will try to help as well when i have free time.:D

Zack_Wester

Any one know of an way to get an complete blank map like only grass tiles so that I can use debug mode to build an city or something (probably using douses of mods to fill it), no rocks, dirt, animal, water trees, vent mountains, items.

milon

Short of map file editing, you can't get rid of any of that stuff.  It all generates automatically.  The closest you can come using only the game would be to select a desert at a medium elevation (not sea level, and not mountains) that's well away from mountains and coast.  Use the elevation view to help with that.  You'll still have trees, plants, rock, dirt, vents, items, etc.

Panzer

Seed: 925f

Heavy rain (5000mm+) jungle area in the east, for those of you that enjoy that monsoon feeling :)