% (Percentage) Chance when capturing Visitors

Started by BassMonroe, October 01, 2014, 09:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMonroe

When capturing visitors i think that rather than it just make you enemies with the other faction it should have a percentage chance of the other faction finding out you have captured one of their colonists.

As an example a colonist (Yours) with a certain high skill would have less chance of alerting the other faction when one of their people are captured.
In a rimworld style world people would go missing most of the time whilst traveling the world so it would make sense to have something like this, rather than the faction declaring war on you as soon as you capture one of their people.

Romi

That actually it will be cool.Is like if is one he couldn't escape and tell the others.But the game just instantly breaks it :/
Well i hope a mod will fix this.
Oh and BassMonroe this is a great  suggestion! I would gladly support this.:D

Shinzy

I can imagine the following chaos when the next time the said faction comes for a visit and knocks politely on the door and sees the Ol' previously missing Fran the Greenthumb get the door

Oh just kidding! -they don't knock on the door at all
Jjust rush in, (not a single though given about wiping their feet by the way) gather around your table and slurp down your space meal reserves

Matthiasagreen

They used to slurp your space meals, now they bring their own! Which is also a nice bonus loot from raiding parties!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Shinzy

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 01, 2014, 03:13:56 PM
They used to slurp your space meals, now they bring their own! Which is also a nice bonus loot from raiding parties!

Yes! I noticed! Sinikka the lone raider brought me a fine meal as an appeasement gift
she even volunteered to join me after shot her nose off with lee enfield
I like this kind of manageable people ;D

Kagemusha

Any time that you actively capture somebody from a friendly faction it should have repercussions. Admittedly if you capture a lone traveller with no witnesses it is a little removed from reality that the faction immediately goes hostile...but, essentially this is just a mechanism to streamline the process. That faction would inevitably visit you in the future and see said person.

People joining your colony would represent people from other factions who willingly choose to leave their faction (and likely get 'permission' too) to join you.

I personally don't like this idea.
What I would like is a mechanic to try to persuade a visitor to join your faction without making their faction an instant enemy. Probably the same effect as what you are suggesting that the percentage chance will increase with higher speaking skill. Maybe a small knock to faction relations can happen in some cases but not instant aggression.

RawCode

If pawn A visited colony B and told that he will visit colony B to his faction is "missing" for some reason.
Who will be first to blame?

Attempt to arrest someone should turn him hostile before arrest is completed, most persons should resist arrest and go hostile.

JimmyAgnt007

id like to see factionless wanderers visit sometimes.  currently if there is a hunting accident or something then the whole village hates you.  that being said i tend to tick them off anyways because i hate having all my meals eaten by them.

Wex

Quote from: Kagemusha on October 01, 2014, 08:51:16 PM
What I would like is a mechanic to try to persuade a visitor to join your faction without making their faction an instant enemy.
This will undoubtely be a welcome addition; it should be hard though, in the few days a visitor come, to recruit him/her.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison