Drones

Started by Smasher5523, October 01, 2014, 12:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher5523

I hate the phycic drones, they are unrealistic, wierd random and annoying. All they do is lower your colonists mood for no reason, i am sure a few players can agree they need to die.

stefanstr

I think this kind of event poses an interesting challenge. The main problem here is that there are very few events implemented so far. If psychic drones were one of, say, a hundred events that would happen once a few hours of gameplay, no one would complain. The annoying thing is they happen 10x an hour.

Romi

they should be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very [okay i will stop here] rare!

TheXIIILightning

Actually, they do not. In the new Alpha traders now show up more often, and an event was added were a colonist might become sick.
Drone waves are not as common anymore... I'd say they happen once a month, at most.

Romi

Smasher5523

I just got my colony smashed, 3 days in because of the drones..

ShootyFace

Drones make me groan. Diseases, the same. I want more stuff I can burn/shoot/stab/blow up and less stuff that ruins my day just 'cuz it can.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Shinzy

Quote from: ShootyFace on October 02, 2014, 04:25:05 PM
Drones make me groan. Diseases, the same. I want more stuff I can burn/shoot/stab/blow up and less stuff that ruins my day just 'cuz it can.

Burning, shooting, stabbing and blowing stuff up isn't answer to everything!

..you'll need to punch them too

But seriously I love all these threats, cause that's where the actual management of the colony really comes up

ShootyFace

You are right, I suppose, Shinzy. I did take it upon myself to start a base in the jungle, probably asked for the plague and malaria and sleeping sickness to send my entire colony to bed. Gonna take a stab at another biome and see how prevalent disease is there.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

MajorFordson

Drones will be better if/when there is a way to order Colonists to stop working for a mood boost. Whether it's for leisure time, or psychiatrist or something, it is needed.