Alpha Seven

Started by The Outsider, August 26, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirx Danford

Quote from: Tynan on September 20, 2014, 11:48:10 PM
Yes, my general policy is that I don't give out guesses as to when the game might be released (or what it might eventually contain). Because that's all they are - guesses. Why risk the drama and heartbreak? There's just so little upside; I really don't know why so many indies insist on guessing release dates and features.

Well because that is what is deeply trained into people through regular jobs.
You always have time requirements, deadlines, year goals and so on... its not even healthy, when coding systems to be used on trade fairs I nearly lost my capability to code after 4 years of the madness of unmoveable deadlines.

They just don't realize they don't have to do it - I find your approach much more refreshing and honest :-)

Xerberus86

i think as long as the alpha stage is profitable for the developer he can prolong the period as much as he sees fit. beta stage later on is more for focusing on ironing out bugs and adding some more content like more animals, equipment, etc.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 03, 2014, 10:05:03 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

Actually just writing this down to see what the pattern is!

Looks like the intervals are

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

You should note that A7 is pretty ambitious.

Not to jump the gun or anything, but going by the range in time between updates, we are looking at another 9 to 29 days (September 12 to August 2). That is less than a month.

Yes, I know this is only an estimate and Ty said it was going to be a big update so it could be even longer, but it is enough to keep me up at night like a little kid on (a really long) christmas eve.

Although I meant to say October 2nd in the post above, I was pretty spot on.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 01, 2014, 12:45:15 PM
Although I meant to say October 2nd in the post above, I was pretty spot on.

+1 Internets for you Sir!

TankaaKumawani

The daily changelog is actually a good way of displaying progress without having to meet arbitrary deadlines.  Once you look at it for a while, you can sniff out major updates about a week or so in advance.