no traders?

Started by Lothar, November 06, 2013, 12:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demoser

I think there is something else going on other than just no messages about traders. In my cassandra classic play through after I acquired 10 colonists almost all random events stopped. All i would get is raiders with the very inconsistent local squirrel going insane. This went on from about cycle 8 to cycle 14. During that time i tried checking the coms every day but every time there was no one available. Then one of my colonist dies, which brings me to 9 colonists, and right as her head hits the dirt I get a solar flare and shortly after a trade ship shows up.

Tynan

This turned out to be a serious bug with Cassandra which blocked all events at high populations. It's fixed now! I'll push a new public build soon.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 01:01:07 PM
This turned out to be a serious bug with Cassandra which blocked all events at high populations. It's fixed now! I'll push a new public build soon.
Will we be able to use the same save files?

Tynan

Quote from: Bobthefarmer1 on November 06, 2013, 01:27:23 PM
Will we be able to use the same save files?

Most likely yes.

Bobthefarmer1

Dragula

Should have checked this thread earlier.
I had two farming traders and a slaver come by in the beginning and then nothing.
Not that my colony is starving, 14 colonists and loads of excess food and metal.
Juist realized i havent seen a raid for a while too...
Good to hear it's being worked on. Keep up the awesome work Ty!

Might be a good time to start hoarding food to sell.

Spike

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 02:33:45 AM
There seems to be a bug where traders aren't announced every time. If you check the comms console once per day you'll find them (they stay 2 days).

I'm working on the bug...

It would be nice if there were a constant message (once you build a comm unit) at the top right, "Ship in range" or something.

Dragula

There should be a message but the bug prevents that.

DeltaV

Did you also adjust sniper raider amount in the build you're going to push?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Lothar

Quote from: Bobthefarmer1 on November 06, 2013, 01:27:23 PM

This is why i gave you 75 dollars thank you for paying attention to your community it is appreciated.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 01:01:07 PMThis turned out to be a serious bug with Cassandra which blocked all events at high populations. It's fixed now! I'll push a new public build soon.

Events would be nice. I've got 12 colonists so far, and it's nothing but nonstop raiders and periods of boredom between when I get to do a precious little tinkering on my base.

I'd seriously consider putting up a big sign that reads "Ihr die ihr hier eintretet, lasst alle Hoffnung fahren" above the gates. My bonehoard is so large that it seriously looks like I've been running an extermination camp.
Raiders must die!

Lifer

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 06, 2013, 06:37:00 PM
Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 01:01:07 PMThis turned out to be a serious bug with Cassandra which blocked all events at high populations. It's fixed now! I'll push a new public build soon.

Events would be nice. I've got 12 colonists so far, and it's nothing but nonstop raiders and periods of boredom between when I get to do a precious little tinkering on my base.

I'd seriously consider putting up a big sign that reads "Ihr die ihr hier eintretet, lasst alle Hoffnung fahren" above the gates. My bonehoard is so large that it seriously looks like I've been running an extermination camp.

I think my max have been 10 colonists so far but otherwise I have the exact same issue!

It really annoys me that after some time the events are limited to raiders and mad animals... Because the game is immensely addictive :)

SteveAdamo

Tynan

Is this still happening in 254b?

Semmy

Ive had traders.

I will run a new game to check it out once more.

Can confirm that on all 3 cassandra's i had a trader.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke