Only getting Sieges + can't anger friendly civs

Started by jack020, September 30, 2014, 11:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack020

hey all,

i'm playing on "challenge" and i have no issue surviving, but it seems every game i only get sieges after a short amount of time (litterally after "3 pirate assault" it's siege only)

also the tribesman are always friendly with me. And no matter what i do i only piss them off temporarily and in the meanwhile they don't attack. Like out of nothing there fine with me again after a short amount of time. (this also counts for all other friendly civs)

so my questions..

#1. can i nerf the chance of getting sieges.
and #2.1 is there a way to permanently piss friendly civs off (by changing savefile or w.e) or #2.2 is my game bugged

tyvm in advance, cheers.

jack020

Sir Wagglepuss III

Unsure about sieges, but I do know that the reputation of all factions you are with will return to their default setting if you load a save file.

So, if you pissed off a friendly faction, saved, and then reloaded, the faction would then be friendly again.

tato64

Is "Basebuilder Phoebe" your storyteller? Phoebe's attacks are far apart from each other, but increase in difficulty at a very high rate, my first attack was a 2 pirate raid, the next one, 12 pirate raid, then 15-20 pirate raid and after that, 20-30 pirate siege.

About factions, i dont know, i really dont care about the neutrals so i dont interact, but try arresting/killing a bunch of them when they're visiting the colony

jack020

Quote from: tato64 on September 30, 2014, 02:18:12 PM
Is "Basebuilder Phoebe" your storyteller? Phoebe's attacks are far apart from each other, but increase in difficulty at a very high rate, my first attack was a 2 pirate raid, the next one, 12 pirate raid, then 15-20 pirate raid and after that, 20-30 pirate siege.

About factions, i dont know, i really dont care about the neutrals so i dont interact, but try arresting/killing a bunch of them when they're visiting the colony

Cassandra Challenge

i really hope i can get a fix for it or that it gets changed.. its no fun at all only getting pirate sieges every single alert

Raufgar

Are you playing with any mods enabled? They might affect event triggers depending on which mod you have running.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

jack020

Quote from: Raufgar on September 30, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
Are you playing with any mods enabled? They might affect event triggers depending on which mod you have running.

no mods

playing randy now instead of cassandra and it's way better

jack020

eww hello,

RimWorldAlpha6Win\Mods\Core\Defs\FactionDefs\BaseFactionDefs.xml

///////
<defName>Tribal</defName>
<label>Tribe</label>
<description>These people have been here a very long time. Maybe their ancestors crashed here a thousand years ago. Maybe they survived some cataclysm that destroyed a technological civilization here. In any case, the tribals are mostly nomadic people who live off the land using primitive tools and weapons.\n\nSome tribes are more aggressive than others; many are open to trade and alliances, even with strange peoples like yourselves. Close cooperation or recruitment will be very difficult because of the vast sociotechnological and linguistic gap between the tribals and yourselves.\n\nDespite their apparent technological weakness, the tribals can be dangerous enemies and valuable friends because of their skill with low-tech warfare, their numbers, and their hardiness.</description>
<pawnsPlural>tribespeople</pawnsPlural>
<requiredCountAtGameStart>1</requiredCountAtGameStart>
<canMakeRandomly>true</canMakeRandomly>
<raidCommonality>100</raidCommonality>
<canStageAttacks>true</canStageAttacks>
-<startingGoodwill>
<min>-100</min>
<max>10</max>

\\\\\\\

righty editing this will probable accomplish my wish to fight tribes

Varnhagen

You'll have to create a new World and start a fresh there, as it seems that you have lucked out on the relations. Changing these numbers and playing in the same world won't change a bit as the faction relations are stored in the world save not in the savegame.
Just consider yourself lucky for being stranded on a peaceful Rimworld for once. :)

jack020

Quote from: Varnhagen on October 01, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
You'll have to create a new World and start a fresh there, as it seems that you have lucked out on the relations. Changing these numbers and playing in the same world won't change a bit as the faction relations are stored in the world save not in the savegame.
Just consider yourself lucky for being stranded on a peaceful Rimworld for once. :)

yea figured i had to do that

and noooooooo.. no peace.. only war