[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Stoneworking v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, October 01, 2014, 08:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killaim

the stones can be stacked - but they still only pick up one pile at the time - is it possible to make them pick up as much as they can carry in one go ? alot of hauling jobs when mining

or atleast my game every mined rock piece drops a stone chunk

t99228712

Is that all the stone chunks can be making to bricks? somehow my colonist only choose those original rock pile but not the chunk, now the chunks are full of my place. so annoying :'( (sorry for my english)

harpo99999

ichyflea, I have had to scratch the chin of your mod by altering each of the stone chunks from raw resource to chunk storage

ItchyFlea

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 05, 2014, 06:51:53 PM
ichyflea, I have had to scratch the chin of your mod by altering each of the stone chunks from raw resource to chunk storage
Nice way to put it. :D

I've started playing a long-game with this mod active to try and find any problems with it. So far, the only thing of note is that being set as chunks, despite being stackable, do not get stacked when hauled.
That will be changed and they will be reverted to items can can be stacked when hauled.

Setting the chunks to be hauled to chunk stockpiles, rather than resource stockpiles, is a good idea, as until they are processed, they are just as useless as normal chunks.
So that will be looked into, as it seems to be a good idea.

So expect to see an update in a few days.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

shadowstreaker

Would it be possible to add your new stone chunks to the original stone bricks recipe? As they are used in some recipes on their own

AHare

Any way to get a version that has a smaller chance to drop the chunks? Since they only haul one at a time, when you're digging into a mountain it takes forever to clean up.

ItchyFlea

New update.

In this update I have undone the change that made chunks require a hauling designation, as colonists were only moving 1 at a time despite being stackable. I have also vastly lowered the spawn chance. It was 75%, and is now 35%.

EDIT:
Quote from: AHare on October 07, 2014, 08:50:38 PM
Any way to get a version that has a smaller chance to drop the chunks? Since they only haul one at a time, when you're digging into a mountain it takes forever to clean up.
Nice timing. Just finished a new update to hopefully fix that very issue. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Angie

Added and started a new colony last night on casual, just to play. Lovely, thanks for the options... makes the buildings much more distinct and purty.

Question- any chance you could extent the stones into more flooring options? I'd love to see other varied stone tiles as options for my floors?

Kumai0214

I'm not sure if this is because of a mod conflict but when I have this mod activated with a few other mods, I see the normal stone cutter's table with the stone block recipe but anything else involving the limestone chunks being turned into limestone bricks and what not, that recipe/production table I do not see.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Kumai0214 on October 09, 2014, 12:16:41 AM
I'm not sure if this is because of a mod conflict but when I have this mod activated with a few other mods, I see the normal stone cutter's table with the stone block recipe but anything else involving the limestone chunks being turned into limestone bricks and what not, that recipe/production table I do not see.
This mod won't work correctly with any other mods that also modify the stonecutting table. A limitation of how bills are set up with their respective tables. According to the changelog on Sept 29 Tynan added a feature to A8 that will remove this limitation. Although this mod won't exist for A8 so yeah... Tynan is making something more comprehensive than this for A8. (Also mentioned on the Sept 29 post)

If you use TTM, minami26 has been given permission to make a patch so that this mod and TTM work together.

DracoGriffin

Walls/conduit walls built with the special bricks are showing as 0 Beauty and colonists don't seem to notice either (was thinking it was just a display issue).

Installed mods are:

• EdBInterface
  • Extended Stoneworking
  • Modular Tables
  • MoreHair
  • MoreHydroponics
  • MoreStorage
  • MoreTurrets
  • MoreWeapons
  • T-ConditionRed
  • T-ExpandedCloth
  • T-ExpandedCrops
  • T-MiscStuff
  • T-MoreBeds
  • T-MoreFloors

However, I deactivated all mods except Extended Stoneworking (obviously) and started a new colony.

Is this intended?
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

shadowstreaker

As far as I can tell, all walls, vanilla and otherwise, all have a beauty value of 0, I could be wrong but ive never seen any walls with a beauty value

DracoGriffin

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 10, 2014, 06:20:12 PM
As far as I can tell, all walls, vanilla and otherwise, all have a beauty value of 0, I could be wrong but ive never seen any walls with a beauty value
Vanilla Wood/Stone Block Walls/Conduit Walls have a Beauty of 3.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

ItchyFlea

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 10, 2014, 06:54:29 PM
-snip-
Not intended, but not a huge deal either from what I can tell. Colonists don't really seem to mind the beauty value of walls. I'll fix it anyway.

EDIT: And it's fixed. Fixed version is now available from the OP.
Also made this into a full fledged 1.0 version. :)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 10, 2014, 06:58:23 PM
Colonists don't really seem to mind the beauty value of walls.

Well, not until you make some sort of rotting corpse wall.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here