[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Stoneworking v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, October 01, 2014, 08:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Extended Stoneworking v1.0

Description:
This mods makes the new stone types (Sandstone, Limestone, Granite, Slate & Marble) drop chunks that can be processed into bricks at the stoneworking table that can be used to make buildings/walls out of the type of stone. Each stone type has a 75% chance of dropping a chunk.
If it can be made from Stuff, it can be made from these new stone blocks.
IE: Marble beds, granite walls, limestone research bench, sandstone modular tables...

Mod Team:
Download:
Screenshots:

Changelog:
V1.0:
  • Bugfix: Mod walls did not have a beauty value.
V0.93:
  • Undid the stone chunks require hauling designation.
  • Vastly reduced the spawn chance. (was 75%, now 35%)
V0.92:
  • Changes: Unprocessed stone chunks now behave like standard stone chunks and will only be hauled when designated with the haul command.
V0.91:
  • Bugfix: Traders no longer carry unprocessed stone chunks.
V0.9:
  • First release.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

Currently, each new stone type should build walls that have a similar amount of HP that the rock type does. This means that Granite walls are stronger than Sandstone walls. These new stone block types should also be tradeable. So if you land in a biome that doesn't have marble, you can still buy marble blocks to build marble things.

New stone block stats/more info:
  • Everything except for the health and beauty values are pretty much identical to standard stone blocks.
  • The beauty for the new stone types is roughly 4x higher than the beauty of standard stone blocks.
  • Industrial traders, when they carry standard stone blocks, will carry nearly equal numbers of the other types of stone blocks as well. The buy/sell prices will also be similar.

Please post any comments you have about this mod. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

ItchyFlea

The beds in the 2nd screenshot are vanilla RimWorld beds. Specifically one is the Royal Bed, the other is 2 Medical Beds next to each other.

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 02, 2014, 12:27:41 AM
so you pretty much made an alpha 8 mod. :)
I can almost guarantee that this mod won't be updated when Alpha 8 is released. It'll be relegated to the Halls of Extinct Great Mods. Also known as the Outdated subforum. :P

But yes, this does appear to potentially add something similar to what Tynan is adding to Alpha 8. Although according to the changelog, Tynan's implementation will be far more encompassing than this.

Romi

Cool now the stones have some more usage!Thanks ItchyFlea for a cool mod!

eatKenny

love the mod!

just one thing, since the hauler can haul more than one chunk at a time, can u make the chunk forbiden when it fall off? otherwise it is really unefficient that a hauler run ten miles just to haul one chunk. or maybe like the old fashioned chunk which need to use the "haul" oder.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 01, 2014, 10:59:43 PM
The beds in the 2nd screenshot are vanilla RimWorld beds. Specifically one is the Royal Bed, the other is 2 Medical Beds next to each other.

Sorry at the time I hadn't played A7. I do and don't like the update. I don't like it for having to spend more time to select stuff.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Telkir

Very nice, I'll be giving this a spin in my next game!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: eatKenny on October 02, 2014, 04:52:24 PM
love the mod!

just one thing, since the hauler can haul more than one chunk at a time, can u make the chunk forbiden when it fall off? otherwise it is really unefficient that a hauler run ten miles just to haul one chunk. or maybe like the old fashioned chunk which need to use the "haul" oder.
I do like the idea of having them spawn like standard chunks, requiring the haul order to be moved. I'll look into that.

EDIT: Just posted a quick bugfix update. Apparently I forgot to make it so that traders didn't carry unprocessed stone chunks.
From what I can tell, this fix does not break existing saves, so can be applied without worry. I recommend making a backup copy of your save just in case.
I've left the v0.9 version available in the attachments section of the OP just in case you do encounter problems using the new update.

ItchyFlea

Another update. This mods stone chunks now behave like vanilla stone chunks in that you must designate them to be hauled.
This appears to work fine with existing saves. If it doesn't, the original version of this mod is still available in the attachment section of the OP.
Make a backup of your save before using this update, just in case there are problems. :)

shadowstreaker

Would introducing similarly coloured stone floors be too difficult?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 02, 2014, 07:06:48 PM
Would introducing similarly coloured stone floors be too difficult?
Should be fairly easy to do.

EDIT: Well, adding the defs was easy. Making the textures, not so much. I'll come back to it at a later date. :)