Alpha 8?

Started by Visitor000, October 02, 2014, 05:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor000

so Alpha 7 is out, we got good features,
But what do you guys think/hope/know will be in the Next one.

sorry if to soon
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

MajorFordson

I hope hunters will go up and melee animals that are injured, instead of standing at max range taking potshots at a creature for two days :D

Visitor000

Quote from: MajorFordson on October 02, 2014, 06:03:26 AM
I hope hunters will go up and melee animals that are injured, instead of standing at max range taking potshots at a creature for two days :D
mercy killing would be nice. plus it is realistic.
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

REMworlder

I'd bet we'll see the introduction of art, since beauty has been set up as a factor.

Refinement of stuff system, maybe higher-quality craftmanship means better crafted goods. Lots of Dwarf Fortress-esque games use this.

Updated UI and disease pass maybe. Expansion of tailoring to outerwear and armoring items.

Potentially also the implementation of the tundra biome. That could even include fleshing out the impact of temperature or clothing.

Haplo

Quote from: King Of Natlanta on October 02, 2014, 06:28:53 AM
Quote from: MajorFordson on October 02, 2014, 06:03:26 AM
mercy killing would be nice. plus it is realistic.

I think it is already in there.. I'm not 100 sure but for the mechanoids there is the option to shut them down in the operation tab. So I think the animals do have something similar, don't they?

Visitor000

Quote from: REMworlder on October 02, 2014, 06:46:30 AM
I'd bet we'll see the introduction of art, since beauty has been set up as a factor. ;D
yes. I wonder what they will do for art. but if art is added then maybe more leisure items

I am an Author.

UsF

I would like a difficult, high end way to craft med-kits from several resources or maybe a multi step crafting process, like making a med-kit out of bandages (which in itself would need to be made from cloth), medicine (plants, synthetic extracts?) etc.

Visitor000

Quote from: UsF on October 02, 2014, 07:01:26 AM
I would like a difficult, high end way to craft med-kits from several resources or maybe a multi step crafting process, like making a med-kit out of bandages (which in itself would need to be made from cloth), medicine (plants, synthetic extracts?) etc.
Yes.
we could start out with the good Med-kits(high) then as they run out we can make bandages(low) Splits(Med(on limbs)) med-kits, each one will require a different level of crafting.

I am an Author.

MelanisticAlbino

I'd like some changes to terrain generation. I'd love to see more lakes and rivers in the landscape, not only water on the beaches. And of course the ability to build bridges and the ability to build on water. That would open up for the possibility of sea-bases, of course it would be more expensive to build on water.

But realistically I think we're looking at the addition of art which is nice! I currently play in development mode with "No psychic breaks" because I feel like it's impossible to play without every single colonist going insane and leaving my colony. Especially with the unstoppable psychic drones.

A quick change to mortars is also needed, incorporate the shooting skill could be a solution. Colonists with higher shooting skill will have a higher chance of hitting something.

Also the ability to save allies without arresting them. By doing this you also improve your relations with that faction.

Also I would like for something similar to combat engineers. When drafting a colonist you should be able to manually give them an order to for example build sandbags, turrets, also mining etc... it would make combat a lot more fun and tactical if you could effectively build things in preparation of an assault.

Visitor000

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 02, 2014, 07:22:15 AM
I'd like some changes to terrain generation. I'd love to see more lakes and rivers in the landscape, not only water on the beaches. And of course the ability to build bridges and the ability to build on water. That would open up for the possibility of sea-bases, of course it would be more expensive to build on water.

But realistically I think we're looking at the addition of art which is nice! I currently play in development mode with "No psychic breaks" because I feel like it's impossible to play without every single colonist going insane and leaving my colony. Especially with the unstoppable psychic drones.

A quick change to mortars is also needed, incorporate the shooting skill could be a solution. Colonists with higher shooting skill will have a higher chance of hitting something.

Also the ability to save allies without arresting them. By doing this you also improve your relations with that faction.

Also I would like for something similar to combat engineers. When drafting a villager you should be able to manually give them an order to for example build sandbags, mining etc... it would make combat a lot more fun and tactical.

good
good
good
good
good

these are all good ideas.

I am an Author.

Jack_Treehorn

If Tynan could make dogs of war to capture and cage, feed and look after and to release on raiders. Alpha 8 would be the best update yet!

christhekiller

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 02, 2014, 07:22:15 AM

Also I would like for something similar to combat engineers. When drafting a colonist you should be able to manually give them an order to for example build sandbags, turrets, also mining etc... it would make combat a lot more fun and tactical if you could effectively build things in preparation of an assault.

All of these, yes, and a change to the diplomacy system with other factions. More and better ways to increase the opinion of other factions with you. Perhaps active trade routes, like, where you might send them 500 berries a week and they'll send you 200 Uranium. Allied factions maybe giving you (optional) quests for rewards and improved relations. Like rescuing one of their guys from a pirate camp, or besieging a pirate camp, or helping them break a siege/ counter an attack or any number of things. Perhaps pirates or tribals demanding payment or slaves from you so they won't attack you. And being able to attack other bases whenever you'd like to maybe hold off an attack from them for awhile. Or even becoming pirates yourselves, raiding and demanding tribute from colonies yourself.

Honestly I'd just like diplomacy to be revamped so badly <3

grandad1982

I'm hoping that the need for water will become a thing. Seems to me that depending on your biome you might need to factore in water to farm or drink, e.g. a desert will maybe need irrigation to get better crop growth whilst a moist jungle should be fine as is.

JimmyAgnt007

jungles would need filtration for their water to be drinkable.  or just a still to boil it.  read the changelog to get an idea of what is being done.

water, bridges, fishing, maybe boats?  would all be neat additions.

also, if i start a colony, and on the world map its a single tile, an island, can i get coast on all 4 sides?  then raiders arrive on boats viking style!

Drahkon

Build on water would be fairly simple I think, just add an expensive slow to build flooring type that can be built on water/mud.

My wish list?

Tone down limbs being shot off. Nice mechanic, but too much just becomes frustrating instead - perhaps disabled limbs requiring a cast for a long period + chance of infection and shot off more rarely.
Rescue for visitors.
Better flooring control and a solid way to deal with or even place mud/shallow water.
Duster crafting.
Select colonists by weapon. IE: select all m-24 users. Select all melee users.
More stability to damage taken with armor. Kevlar doesn't deflect or nullify damage from bullets, it reduces it and stops it from penetrating to reduce injury severity. Now that armor plate, that makes sense as a % chance.
A basic craftable medkit for more minor injuries.
Less friendly fire hunting, maybe delay the shot if there's a high chance of hitting an ally >.<

Have to think on any more.