[MOD] (Alpha 12) Thingamajigs! -Discontinuedmajig-

Started by Shinzy, October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: bazalisk on September 14, 2015, 05:12:06 PM
.. why has this mod been abandoned?  i looks awesome  :'(

Oh! I just didn't find myself using it that much (Aside from the must to have riding crop on every Empath)
This is one of the things I made mainly for myself ;D and it was difficult to keep up with Tynan's frequent updates

Pokk720

Wow you didn't use it? I loved using this mod it was the only reason I would ever build a smithing bench.

Shinzy

Quote from: Pokk720 on September 18, 2015, 01:43:05 PM
Wow you didn't use it? I loved using this mod it was the only reason I would ever build a smithing bench.

My procrastinating self usually takes the better of me =P
When it comes to having to change my mechano wrenches and Tailorer threethousands out for boomsticks during every raid.. well! ;D

bazalisk

shame that you couldn't have expanded on the mod by putting a nerf on pawn skill abilities when doing an action unless they had the relevant tools to work with.

say, a pawn has a cook skill of 10.  without a cooking tool they can only work as if they had a skill of 5 or something.  then the utensils come with other natty bonuses as well as letting them function to their maximum potential.

or maybe doing a job requires a pawn to have equipped the relevant tools in the first place in order to work.

no more stirring the broth with your shiv or bashing chunks into bricks with your rifle.   :s

i'm just throwing ideas here

Pokk720

I just updated this for Alpha 12 for my own use :D and so far so good. As for having to switch to weapons everytime there's a raid. I don't know what to do about that.

bazalisk

how about adding them as some kind off apparel?

so a colonist can have 1 weapon and 1 job tool.   I ask this as the fishing mod adds a fishing rod as a accessory rather than a weapon, maybe this mod could work the same.

Pokk720

I kind of like having them also usable as weapons though. What Rimworld really needs is to actually utilize the inventory system that's already in place to allow pawns to carry more than one weapon. It would be cool to have things like sidearms or be able to dual wield.

Shinzy

I read you Pokk! that'd be swell
I'll possibly add some of these in my "trinket mod" in the distant future, Baz

Ungrateful

Quote from: Pokk720 on September 18, 2015, 06:42:05 PM
I just updated this for Alpha 12 for my own use
... Any Chance you might be able to provide a link to your unofficial update?

Ungrateful

Hey Shinzy have you thought of reviving this mod now that toolsforhauling gives us backpacks and lets us "multitask"? If not how hard would it be to update as a personal request? This mod was one of my favorites!

Shinzy

Quote from: Ungrateful on February 11, 2016, 10:23:35 PM
Hey Shinzy have you thought of reviving this mod now that toolsforhauling gives us backpacks and lets us "multitask"? If not how hard would it be to update as a personal request? This mod was one of my favorites!

not hard at all! just needed to fix the texture paths .. you ungrateful git
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6482.0;attach=11267

Ungrateful

Oh my Gosh Thank you! You literally just made my Morning!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

branch?

Does this mod have to have a fresh world and colony or have any conflicts with other mods? When I open my existing colony with this mod (multiple different times) it has the black - newly added mod screen (which you can fix by restarting).
how lit was it

Shinzy

Quote from: Long Night'a Hooking on February 16, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Does this mod have to have a fresh world and colony or have any conflicts with other mods? When I open my existing colony with this mod (multiple different times) it has the black - newly added mod screen (which you can fix by restarting).

None that I know of! It only adds few melee weapons and recipes for them on the smithing bench
it shouldn't have any conflicts with other mods unless they change some of the Core files somehow (Like melee weapons or the smithing bench)

Edit: There was few silly errors that didn't break the mod for myself when I tested it. Couuuuld be what cause the issues for you! :-[
Fixed! *ahem*

Edit 2: I'd like to let it be known that this was all Ungrateful's fault for hurrying me with flattery! I'm in no way responsible. Not a tiny bit! nu uh. Nope!

Justas love

Hello, can u fix the download link?