[MOD] (Alpha 12) Thingamajigs! -Discontinuedmajig-

Started by Shinzy, October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta Omega

Um I don't see a download link anywhere....

Shinzy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 12, 2014, 12:51:58 PM
Um I don't see a download link anywhere....

Front page right beneath the text that says Download ;D
But here, the same link Thingamajigs v1.1

*pat* Don't worry! we're all blind at times especially at railwaystations when we need to know the time and ask someone about it

Zeta Omega

Thanks, Hey have you ever thought of adding your profile pic as an animal to the game? maybe a friendly unit or enemy unit?

Shinzy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 12, 2014, 12:58:17 PM
Thanks, Hey have you ever thought of adding your profile pic as an animal to the game? maybe a friendly unit or enemy unit?

Mmm hm! *nods*
I was making the basic ram to add in
and then got magnificent idea "How cool would it be to have raiders spawn with battering ram" ::)

but I doubt I'll add him in game, except maybe as part of the neo muff mod

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

keylocke

ooh nice.   ;D

* can you add blowtorch for construction?
* how about a tool for farmers?
* how about the other crafts? tailoring, stone cutting, butchering, etc..
* fire fighting tools
* research tools
* etc..

Shinzy

Quote from: keylocke on October 13, 2014, 01:57:08 PM
ooh nice.   ;D

* can you add blowtorch for construction?
* how about a tool for farmers?
* how about the other crafts? tailoring, stone cutting, butchering, etc..
* fire fighting tools
* research tools
* etc..

I was thinking of an nailgun for construction (pistol that shoots nails, basically) I could try blowtorch, too?
Chisel and Cleaver for stonecutting and butchering can be done, too
Farming stuff is linked together with plant cutting so the machete basically does the job ( it's kinda weird I know but meh =P)
I mean I could make a hoe or scythe or pitchfork just for the variety's sake so your farmer looks more farmer-ey

For tailoring I don't even know what possibly could be used for that (I don't wanna make a needle for that) or handheld Singer ;D
Same for research I don't really know what'd be good tool for that, so that it'd double up as a weapon aswell
oh nevermind! Crowbar for that, Obviously because that's the weapon of choice for any theoretical physiscicsit

fire fighting/cleaning/hauling jobs doesn't have stat modifier for them
if they did you'd have broom, fire-axe and backpack already =P

shadowstreaker

I think you should do a hoe, simply for the joy of being able to say "Where my hoes at"

sldains

I kind of wish for a mop/broom anyway even if it only did something silly or that didn't quite make sense, just for the joy of having a mop wielding spaceship janitor.

This mod has been the most fun (along with all you other mods). Finally all non combatants are using something that makes sense and is useful.

Shinzy

Updated for alpha 8!

has two extra tools + all the ones from before!

Meat cleaver

Tailorer 3000

Ruin

It would be nice if we could separate butcher and cooking tasks in work priorities.  But, that seems like a much deeper change to the core game.  Would it make sense to combine butcher and cooking tools?

Loki88

Quote from: Shinzy on October 12, 2014, 01:21:56 PM
Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 12, 2014, 12:58:17 PM

Mmm hm! *nods*
I was making the basic ram to add in
and then got magnificent idea "How cool would it be to have raiders spawn with battering ram" ::)

but I doubt I'll add him in game, except maybe as part of the neo muff mod

I want a battering ram! Friendly unit to bash melee tribals with, and I shall call him shinzicus the bashful! :P (oh yes, pun intended)

Shinzy

Quote from: Ruin on January 05, 2015, 12:40:36 PM
It would be nice if we could separate butcher and cooking tasks in work priorities.  But, that seems like a much deeper change to the core game.  Would it make sense to combine butcher and cooking tools?

Swiss knife with spatula and cleaver? =P
no I think the choise between more meat or faster cooking is good! ;D

but if you can come up with a tool that would affect butchering and cooking without being too ridiculous (Don't even dare bring up Tailorer3000) then imma make one!

ianfkyeah

henk

Awesome mod!
But really lacks some tools: construction (a hammer), cleaning (broom), hauling (backpack).
Regarding butchering+cooking - a kitchen knife will suffice. +20% cooking speed, +8 butchery eff., +5% butchery speed. A good tradeoff.

And you could rename that tailoring thingie to just Scissors. Makes much more sense.

Also, is it possible to add Quality stat to these crafted items akin to how Sculptures work? Would make much more sense than material-based tiers.

MrWashingToad

Definitely will be trying this out. Would love to have chainsaws for the enormous amount of time it takes to fell a tree...
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad