Hostpital and Medical System

Started by Evul, November 06, 2013, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

I like the simple combat system and the injury system. But it could be tweaked. One way to tweak it could be by add bleeding and/or degree of injury. And not only shot dead or unconscious.

A way I've been thinking on is by adding medical items: sickbed scans and other medical equipment I don't think on at the moment. When a character get shot or horribly injured they don't  die or just get unconscious. Instead they get fatally injure. (Same mechanic) but only if you have a chance of saving the colonists or raider that are injured.

This means that if a colonists have the right medical equipment (that will be expensive and drain allot of power) fatally injured colonists might be saved. (The skill level of a colonists is also counted for while treating a patient.) When shot, a colonists can be sent to the medical facility instead of there own bed. (The sickbed is always number one priority on a injured colonists.)

When in the medical bay the colonists, depending on stage of injury (time left), gets the treatment. A critical wound time is only added and have a steady decrease the whole time depending on the degree of the actual injury. So the colonist need a constant watching eye by the medical team.

Short idea any thought?
A bonus is this picture of a poorly drawn hospital.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Blacksoul

A system with sickness & disease!!! The research system expand with biological part to probe strange lifeforms and her viral agents and microorganisms. A medical room with instruments and specialized personal and quarantine room is a good idea. A potential danger for epidemics would expanding the gameplay.

Evul

Illness are discussed in a thread linked in my signature but yeah i like that idea to. ^^

Illness them self could be a fun game play for sure.

Produno

I like this idea, though im sure i read somewhere about Tynan wanting to add bionic limbs and such? Or was i dreaming that? Though hopefully that means he has something similar planned.

Evul

all kind of implants etc would be awesome especialy if a colonist get rely badley injured and need new parts ;D

Robitski

I don't like illness... but a proper medical system would be nice, give the 'doctoring' task a bit more depth than bring nutrient paste to a bed : P

At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.