Animal migrations and reproduction cycles, and predators.

Started by ComradeCrimson, October 02, 2014, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComradeCrimson

There should be events where herds of migrating animals may come onto the map, giving the players both a chance to get food as well as a potential danger for their colonists due to the fact colonists could be stampeded over.

There should also be mating seasons with animals where you'll see males fighting and become more aggressive, resulting in psychotic breaks essentially from time to time and a massive influx of baby critters that result from the cycle. Mothers should also be very protective of their offspring and if one of the offspring dies it should send the mother into a rage against the colony, possibly others as well.

And for another idea- there should be predators on the map, where if you go near them or they see a vulnerable, lone colonist, they'll try and maul them to death. Having things like bears, packs of wolves, dingos, tigers, lions, giant spiders/ants, crocodiles/alligators, even flying birds of prey like huge eagles that could pose potential threats. The option to sell their furs and make rugs out of them too would be cool.

Also, the ability to tame animals and have them as pets or breed them for slaughtering, milking or fur would be interesting. I'd love to see dogs and cats in this game as well as other more exotic friends too.
My Voice Acting library/samples:
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson
I am a voice actor for various mods like Rise of the Reds for Generals Zero Hour. Contact me via email if you need my services.

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

EarthyTurtle

I'd still love to see predators in the game, :P the environment feels lacking without them somehow.

Johnny Masters

Quote from: TinnedEpic on October 03, 2014, 12:24:13 PM
I'd still love to see predators in the game, :P the environment feels lacking without them somehow.

Enviroment and gameplay. I'd love to see a man vs nature game only, or as part of a long and hard game beginning.