[MOD] (Alpha 7) Shipyard - More parts for your ship!

Started by AHare, October 03, 2014, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

Shipyard - More parts for your ship!

Put those left over resources to good use and spice up your ship design!

This mod adds a few blocks specifically for making ships look better.
Current features:

• Smaller thruster!
  • Another Cryptosleep pod! Has the interaction square on the other side, for symmetrical ship designs

Hopeful features:

• Wall blocks!
  • Corners!
  • Steeper corners!
  • Cockpit! Uses an AI core. No more need to dangle one off your back end!
  • Smaller Reactors!

Bugs:

• Added parts don't count as launchable ship parts. If you have just the modded parts on a ship, you cannot launch. I have no idea how to fix this at the moment.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Romi

Clibanarius

While not an issue of functionality, you may mean 'cryosleep', as opposed to CRYPTOsleep in the original post. I remember the original VHS for Aliens had a similar bizarre instance of mis-heard sci-fi terminology sneak onto the Closed Captions; when referring to terraformers terraforming, Weyland-Yutani Corporation rep Van Lewin's dialogue was transcripted as 'terra farming', haha.

AHare

Quote from: Clibanarius on October 06, 2014, 06:47:57 AM
While not an issue of functionality, you may mean 'cryosleep', as opposed to CRYPTOsleep in the original post. I remember the original VHS for Aliens had a similar bizarre instance of mis-heard sci-fi terminology sneak onto the Closed Captions; when referring to terraformers terraforming, Weyland-Yutani Corporation rep Van Lewin's dialogue was transcripted as 'terra farming', haha.
Actually, I've been calling it CRYOsleep to myself, but every instance in-game is listed as CRYPTOsleep. It sounds weird to me but I'm just doing it as Tynan has it.

Clibanarius

Thanks for the context! Only thing I can say to that is, "Jeez. I'm curious if it's accidental or intentional," at this point.

InfiniteRemnant

Any luck making the extra parts launchable so far?

Matthiasagreen

another thought for this post owuld be to allow storage facilities. If I am really going to launch into space, I may want to take some resources with me(food or weapons, just in case. or gold and silver, to get rich when I reach civilization).
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

AHare

Hey everyone. Unfortunately, due to some life things and just lack of interest in games as a whole, I haven't really been able to update this or my other mods. If anyone wants to take them over, feel free to do it, just let me know and I can give you all the stuff I have for them.

Actually for this I haven't even figured out how to make them work as natural ship parts, which is annoying. Maybe something has changed in A8 but I haven't looked.