[Mod request] Medievial Rimworld

Started by WolfgangPolska, October 04, 2014, 02:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfgangPolska

Our ship scattered near unknow planet. We didn't have much time. Our rescue pods were launch instatly. We landed in tropics. It was vary similar to what we know from computers. But not geographic programme, only historic one. There were castle on top of mountain. Armored peapole, archers, all this medievial stuff. It seems like this planet is inhabited by peapole stuck in this dark age. Seems we are in same situation. Radiation is so high, that we can't use radio, and all the electrcial stuff. And we don't have weapons. Ahhh, those peacefull carriers. I'm sorry lads, but seems that we are agian in Dark Age. :CCCC

Is little story-like introduction explains why our colonist have to acept sad reality. No computers, gunpowder, lasers, or strenght giving bionic hands. Now, when we have advanced stats system, and melee weapons, why not put some kind of medievial feeling? Someone intrested in that kind of colonization?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

jeghaderludeon

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 04, 2014, 02:59:15 AM
Our ship scattered near unknow planet. We didn't have much time. Our rescue pods were launch instatly. We landed in tropics. It was vary similar to what we know from computers. But not geographic programme, only historic one. There were castle on top of mountain. Armored peapole, archers, all this medievial stuff. It seems like this planet is inhabited by peapole stuck in this dark age. Seems we are in same situation. Radiation is so high, that we can't use radio, and all the electrcial stuff. And we don't have weapons. Ahhh, those peacefull carriers. I'm sorry lads, but seems that we are agian in Dark Age. :CCCC

Is little story-like introduction explains why our colonist have to acept sad reality. No computers, gunpowder, lasers, or strenght giving bionic hands. Now, when we have advanced stats system, and melee weapons, why not put some kind of medievial feeling? Someone intrested in that kind of colonization?
+1
i would love this
however i would prefer something along the lines of this rather
"Day 79 of the Crusade and March to the foreign lands of infidels, it seems they like to smoke something they call "Hashish" and have weird curved swords, however they are brutal and tried to kill our Retinue, Only three of us got away and now we have to try to create a stronghold in this land amist the foreign infidels" it would make more sense then
you know
colonisation upon a medival planet

TheXIIILightning

I see great potential in a Mod like this, especially since just by viewing it up-front, all it takes to make is the following:

• Edit the enemies so they can only spawn with Melee weapons and ranged Neolithic weapons;
  • Make it so that the enemies can't siege or wear gear other than cloth;
  • Remove all types of Armor except for Tribalwear, as well as weaponry that relies on non-medieval methods;
  • Remove Traders, Survival meals, Mechanoids and Research items that would require power to work. Ex. Nutrient paste, Gun T. Cooling, etc;
  • Apply a constant "Solar Flare" status, in order to make it impossible for Power to be used;
  • Apply side-Mods like Embrasures, Prosthetic building (simple only) and Medicine crafting (out of several plants);
    • Replace Lamps with Lanterns and Torches:

• The Torches would me made out of Wood and 'burn' for 24 hours;
      • The Lanterns would be made out of Wood, Cloth and Metal, and need to be refueled every 3 days;
  • Activate the Miner buff by default, as well all other that do not require power;
  • Decrease the time it takes for Cloth to grow;
  • Make it so that the Trader window can be Forcefully opened by a random event, simulating a wandering trader wagon. It would automatically make every item that is in a stockpile available to be traded;
  • Among other minor things and tweeks;

Actually, just by making this list I'm getting the impression that the mod wouldn't be as enjoyable as it first sounds. It's practically a version of Rimworld with less functions. Not to mention that the idea would be similar to a Castle Building Sim, something that you can already do with Phoebe Friendly, simply by limiting yourself.
Aside from changing the rules as to what items enemies can spawn with, and removing Mechanoids and Sieges from ever happening, what you wear, do or don't do, is all up to you as the player.

WolfgangPolska

Yeah, but I also would to see:

• More Medievial weapons (longswords, crossbows, more bows, polearms and all the killing stuff
  • Bulidable old siege machines (ballistas, catapults and trebuchets
  • Bread economy (cuz bread was one of main medievial food source)
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 05, 2014, 03:18:55 AM
Yeah, but I also would to see:

• More Medievial weapons (longswords, crossbows, more bows, polearms and all the killing stuff
  • Bulidable old siege machines (ballistas, catapults and trebuchets
  • Bread economy (cuz bread was one of main medievial food source)

You're in luck, Because Rimworld changelog says the follow. ^^

• Melee weapons can now be made of stuff. Reworked stats system and added melee damage and agility stuff stat factors.
  • Added longsword and mace.
  • Piles of small adjustments and fixes.

One step closer! XD

LordJulian

I'm actually thinking of making a medieval mod too, similiar to the Stronghold Sim series. If anyone is interested, I'm a texture artist that can help in making new objects in-game.