Armor Levels

Started by Reeceybaby, October 04, 2014, 11:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeceybaby

With this new Alpha 7 update (Awesome sauce) I am looking at the best Armor combinations, as far as I know, The Power Armor set has the highest protection With Cloth being the lowest, I will assume hyperweave with a bullet vest is the next down from Power Armor. Anyone have a good idea of where each type falls into it's protection level?

Tynan

You can see the armor stats of any clothing item in the info card (select it and hit the little 'i' button).

I think there's also a wiki page about these stats. Or.. there should be!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TheXIIILightning

*cough, shameless self-promoting incoming* http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6457.0

Here, take this for now. Hopefully the Wiki will be updated sometime soon. ^^

milon

Military helmet has a negative modifier for psychic sensitivity?  What happens if someone Psychically Deaf wears it during psychic drone?  Nothing?  Or a mood boost?

TheXIIILightning

The best sets go like this:
Cloth/Leather < Synthread < Devilstrand < Hyperweave

I suggest growing a large field of Devilstrand as soon as you're done growing a decent field of food, as they take a long time to grow and require a lot of leather to make a single article of clothing. Yet, the payoff is really, really good.

Armor wise I suggest having your colonists ALWAYS walk around with a Duster or Jacket, and also an Armor Vest. The decrease in speed is virtually nothing, and it pays off in the event that you get raided and have no time to properly equip your colonists.

Powered Armor is a MUST for any Melee type colonists you may have, as it will help defend them against virtually anything. ^^

Tynan

Quote from: milon on October 04, 2014, 12:08:19 PM
Military helmet has a negative modifier for psychic sensitivity?  What happens if someone Psychically Deaf wears it during psychic drone?  Nothing?  Or a mood boost?

Nothing, you can't have negative psychic sensitivity.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TheXIIILightning

You get a small Mood Boost. I think a colonist that wore it went from a -15 Mood Status, to -14 upon wearing it. It's a small boost, but every little bit is extremely welcome in situations like that.

PS: If they're deaf, I don't think nothing happens, since they weren't being affected in the first place.

Barley

Quote from: Tynan on October 04, 2014, 12:09:18 PM
Nothing, you can't have negative psychic sensitivity.

The Military Helmet intercepts the signals and begins to vibrate with strange energy, giving your psychically deaf colonist a relaxing scalp massage! +3 happiness!

Wex

Why almost all torso chlothes (excluding the power armor, wich isn't even chlothing to begin with) don't protect arms? Sleeveless jacket and t-shirts I can understand, but shirts and dusters?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison