Fungus

Started by Halinder, October 04, 2014, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobshock

I wholeheartedly support more nature centric threats that aren't just solar flares and eclipses  ;D

Hell maybe creeping fungus spreading in tunnels is one solution to making mountain bases a little more challenging to work with.

skullywag

I have a proof of concept mod I'm about to release just tidying some bits up.

basic premise a meteor impacts the planet spawning a few tiles of a new plant, this plant spreads out rapidly but can be attacked, even if you kill the plants the meteorite will continue to spawn more until you destroy that also. Everythings working I'm just tweaking the spread rate as currently its crazy and takes over the whole map in about....ohhh...3 seconds....LOL!

Bare with me.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Noobshock

Yeah, better make it relatively slow to start with then ramp it up after testing.

Then give it a neon green color or something so it feels extra threatening creeping up on you :D

skullywag

Quote from: Noobshock on October 17, 2014, 01:16:27 PM
Yeah, better make it relatively slow to start with then ramp it up after testing.

Then give it a neon green color or something so it feels extra threatening creeping up on you :D

Green? Purple. always....:p

Noobshock

Watch Creepshow one day  ;D

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on October 17, 2014, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: Noobshock on October 17, 2014, 01:16:27 PM

Green? Purple. always....:p

nonono no no no no!
Green AND purple the best colour combination there is

Hulk, Green goblin, Riddler, Joker and Donatello!

oh and yeah.. well

TheSilencedScream

Not only make it get in the way, but if possible, make it increase the chance of getting sick, I'd recommend.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Noobshock

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on October 17, 2014, 02:00:19 PM
Not only make it get in the way, but if possible, make it increase the chance of getting sick, I'd recommend.

That's good but go easy on that imo, diseases can really be debilitating when they hit a key colonist or two, so I wouldn't go bananas on diseases. But yeah, a moderately increased chance when messing with the fungus would be cool.

Sounds like a lot more complication to implement though.

skullywag

This is nothing but a framework for a event to sapwn "droppods" (meteors) that land and spawn something. I doubt ill have time to do much more to it but anyone is welcome to take the code and continue i in anyway they see fit.

skullywag

Wex

That's very cool!!!!  ;D
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison