Some Questiions

Started by Dave-In-Texas, October 14, 2014, 01:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave-In-Texas

I'm having trouble being able to tell when mods will not be compatible with each other.

I've tried scanning through the directories but its not apparent when they aren't going to work together just based on apparent structure - or i'm not looking for the right things.

for example:
Aparello
Bodybank
EDBInterface
EDBPreparecarefully
RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence
ScratchPack
--

I added Enhanced defense, played a bit and later after I had researched through the entire tech tree and didn't find any new research.  I'm not picking on that mod, just hoping to gain a basic enough understanding of which mods will prevent others from loading right by writing over research or some such?

Insight would be helpful, i'd like to explore other mods but it is less fun to play through, get involved in the colony only to realize that the fun new shiny toys i was expecting are broken..  lol

I kept looking on the forums (somewhat like a terrier after a mole, lol)  and found this thread
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6223.0 [MOD HELP] (Alpha 7) How to install all types of mods.

I thought I knew how to install mods but I had missed point 3 "one folder deep". RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence had sub folders in the archive (ED-Shields, etc).   

I feel better about getting some new shinies to play with :)