[Mod request] Birth mod

Started by Axeyos, October 05, 2014, 06:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkletannon

Quote from: Varnhagen on October 08, 2014, 04:06:22 AM
Historically, childhood is fairly new concept and started out in the wealthier upper classes of the 19th century. With increasing national wealth in the west most children enjoy a state of childhood today, which doesn't require them to work, while in large parts of the world it still holds true that children are needed to provide some sort of income to the family household.
I'd say, make 'em worker bees from the age of 4. Kids that age understand simple tasks. No need for fast-ageing, but for balancing the game to have it going for that long in the first place. I think children are of minor importance right now. The game needs to be beefed up content- and mechanics-wise first.

Possibly keep their abilities low, lock everything but hauling food or cutting grass until they're adolescent age. Maybe eight, then they can start getting into farming, crafting heck even get them to start building at greatly reduced speeds due to their young age.

Dragoon

Well for those who are still interested in or against it I suggest reading this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6694.0
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.