Eating off the floor with plenty of seating at the table

Started by discogeek, October 05, 2014, 08:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

discogeek

I've got a table with four stools.  Any time a second colonist arrives at the table to eat, he'll sit on a stool and eat off the floor, instead of the table. 

In the attached image, Ben showed up for morning chow a few minutes after Corynn... he's on a stool but not facing the table.  He also got the "eating off the floor" debuff.  I think I have plenty of spaces available for him still.

http://i.imgur.com/EwQuv8c.png

discogeek

Follow up to this... my stockpile on the opposite side of the chairs is empty and I noticed people using those seats now.  Maybe working as intended, although I'd consider a change to the AI if possible there.  Still no one using that chair that's not next to a stockpile.

Shinzy

two colonists can't eat their food on same table corner (The trays can't be on top of eachother.. without ending up in a full blown food fight atleast)

So keep stools places so that when they sit down to eat
they don't have to share the square of the table in front of them with anyone else

discogeek

Although notice from the photo, there's two other locations with chairs that aren't being used either.  One may or may not be because of the storage zone right behind the chair (although I think that's be silly).  There's one to the left of the person eating that's not used at all.

Dr. Z

Quote from: Shinzy on October 05, 2014, 12:41:08 PM
two colonists can't eat their food on same table corner (The trays can't be on top of eachother.. without ending up in a full blown food fight atleast)

they don't have to share the square of the table in front of them with anyone else

Actually they can, it was made possible in Alpha 4 or 5 I think.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 05, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 05, 2014, 12:41:08 PM

Actually they can, it was made possible in Alpha 4 or 5 I think.

Ty must have re added the feature then For Alpha 6, then =P and kept it in A7

The colonists prioritize the closest chair to eat on
and if I've understood right they sort of search for the chair in kinda spiral fashion
so they find the ones in the corner first

discogeek

So FYI, I've rearranged the seats based off comments here and getting use of all four spaces on the table now.  Maybe not technically a bug, just colonists being silly.  But everyone is right, can't overlap the eating area on the table.