[W|0.7.581] Can't operate on ex-colonist (an arrested colonist)

Started by ShadowTani, October 05, 2014, 12:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

This bug is simple enough to replicate.

1. Create a prison
2. Arrest a colonist
3. Assign some kind of operation to the arrested colonist

At this point, if you don't have an assigned hospital bed (for colonists), nothing happen. So create one if not.
It doesn't matter whether you have a hospital bed assigned in the prison or not. It won't get used.

4. With a hospital bed for colonists assigned, the doctors in your colony will take the ex-colonist prisoner to that hospital bed and attempt to operate.

5. Enjoy an endless loop of failed attempts at operating that causes lag and sounds like they are beating the poor sod to death.

SpazMan777

Do you enable "Use Medicine" on the prisoner menu?  I've successfully done operations on the prisoner in their own bed.

ShadowTani

Yes, I tried both with and without; the use medicine shouldn't matter though, because even the "getting doctors care" option doesn't really matter in regards to whether or not an operation is carried out.

The question however is, are you sure that the prisoner you speak about where an ex-colonist (i.e. a person that previously was part of your colony)?

If you follow the steps I gave to the point then I assure you, the failed operation loop does happen. I have reproduced it several times.

SpazMan777

Quote from: ShadowTani on October 11, 2014, 02:52:26 PM
The question however is, are you sure that the prisoner you speak about where an ex-colonist (i.e. a person that previously was part of your colony)?

Sorry I apologize, the individual was not a prior colonist.  This is my oversight!
I just had noticed you not mentioning the "Use Medicine" feature and had thought this may have been the differentiating factor, but this is definitely not the case!

[EDIT]: I can confirm this is happening.  Surgeries on new prisoners will work, but if the prisoner is labelled as a member of the colony, they will move to a colonist medical beg and the surgery cannot continue.