Choosing your enemies- preferences on how you and your colonists meet death.

Started by ComradeCrimson, October 05, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComradeCrimson

I believe that while the difficulty settings of of random, classic, chill are fine along with choosing your location, there should be more choice on the type of dangers you want to face, like settings to choose how things are in your territory: Similar to how Tropico does it in a sense with random island creation. Mind, these are advanced settings and completely OPTIONAL. You can still have it random I say, just the option for this would be cool if provided.

You can adjust the savagery of your location, this will increase how wild and vicious the actual landscape and animals are, meaning more predators, harsher or more extreme climates and weather, and even viruses.

Adjustments for Faction amount or Faction Hostility- choose how many factions you want, and also how hostile you want them to be. Do you want an incredibly hard game with loads of raiders, tribals and mechanoids, or do you want friendly towns? Or do you want to brave this world alone and be the sole settlement, relying only on the far and few between traders?

And on that note: Trader Frequency- how frequent should traders come and go, etc.

And for a final note, and this is far future planning: I realize Tynan is developing this game to be in his own set of lore, but drawing from Warhammer 40K, Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, Starcraft and Space Westerns in general in a sense, minus the xeno presence.

What if we had an option for "State of the world?"

What I mean by that is, say the world is in a civil war or the attention of warring factions, of intergalactic nations duking it out and you might see or hear of factions fighting and other such things? What if this planet is essentially a goldrush planet where its on the rim and new resources are found here, and droves of colonists and colonies are being set up, all trying to get ruthless control over the planet or plots?
Nuclear war, recovering or in the midst of it?
What if there is a global pandemic going on or a global ice age/global warming spree? Just thoughts for the future.
My Voice Acting library/samples:
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson
I am a voice actor for various mods like Rise of the Reds for Generals Zero Hour. Contact me via email if you need my services.