[A12d] [AI] Enviro SK v.0.7b Hunger (02/11/15)

Started by skyarkhangel, September 20, 2015, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekuromoto

Quote from: JT on October 01, 2015, 11:18:24 PM
[edit3] Confirmed fixed! For anyone who is experiencing the same problem using both mods together, the fix is as simple as modifying <leatheramount>0</leatheramount> to <leatheramount>3</leatheramount> in Enviro_SK's Races_Animal.xml under the Megascarab defName tree.  Alternatively, just delete AR-Megascarab_Leather.xml from AnimalHideWorking if you don't want megascarab crafting.
I play with Hide Working and am about to install Enviro SK - thanks for posting your fix!

Beathrus

...Soon my beasties will be more powerful than ever before!

dareddevil7

Funtimes? Well I guess on a planet with no kind of society other than that of the randomly generated faction's there's nothing stopping you.

Bob_Namg

Whenever animals hunt a human pawn, the others don't seem to attack that animal.
Same goes for my colonists, they don't automatically target attackers.
Is that an error or will you be fixing this issue in a future update?
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Bob_Namg on October 04, 2015, 04:47:38 PM
Whenever animals hunt a human pawn, the others don't seem to attack that animal.
Probably need to set a manhunter flag somewhere, Sky.

LustrousWolf

So I had a save running 0.3, and I updated it to 0.7. So far its kinda messed up some of the animals behaviors, some animals have not even changed and are default vanilla animal behavior still. So overall it is better just to make a new save. Sorry I did not have much time to play more and find out other info, as I have been doing course work all weekend and still am.

Tekuromoto

I'm not sure how feasible it is, but could it be made so that hungry cows don't immediately consume the milk they produce? It's frustrating to have the pawn milk the cow and have the milk instantly be made unavailable for hauling because it's reserved by the cow.  :o

Edit: Also, I can't haul gutted corpses. It would be nice to be able to stockpile them for tame hungry carnivores.

rexx1888

also can they be treated as butcher ingredients, so that we can actually use the random hunts that the wargs bugger off with when the colonists sleep, pleeeeaasseee couse youre rad :D

Tekuromoto

Okay, having played with this mod for a few days, I have to say that it is exceedingly annoying to have your dogs breaking down all your doors when they get hungry. The doors are powered. They're not locked. The dogs wander through them just fine 99% of the time. But once they're "starving and looking for food" they attack the doors to escape. It makes no sense.

It also makes no sense that, if they're so hungry as to go on destructive rampages, they don't eat simple meals. I have dozens! Fill your furry little faces! Eat! EAT!

Maybe, in addition to the gutted corpses idea (which needs a little work to make them useful to the colonists), there should be a "pet food" recipe so you can make dog/warg/whatever food out of meats and grains and veggies. Or something.

Pickled Prawn

Quote from: Bob_Namg on October 04, 2015, 04:47:38 PM

This has put the mod on hiatus for me, for now.

But it's a good mod otherwise, I just don't like having to micromanage my colonists when wargs decide to eat my dude/ttes in the middle of a pirate raid. Keep at it  8)

Igabod

Wow, this looks awesome. This is what I wanted to see happen when I started my Biodiversity mod and better than I was going to be able to do. I can't wait to try it out, but I'm busy all week so I'll have to leave a sticky note on my monitor to remind me to download this when I get a chance to play.

skyarkhangel

Updated to 0.7b
1. Disabled bash function for animals, that caused big freezes.
2. isGuest check fix. Tamed animals tried to check own faction for goodwill.