[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Coenmcj

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 07, 2014, 09:48:46 PM
Hey Jaxxa, Long time fan and I was just wondering y\if you could add spate downloads for everything, I want all of theses...but the ammo for turrets just kills the vibe some you know?
You could always perform some harmless cheating? :P
Just ensure the hoppers are always filled with devmode.

I'm in the same boat though, I've been following the shield mod since darker was the head honcho, since Jaxxa took over it's been making some awesome progress. I mean... Look at this magnificence!

While I don't mind using ammunition for my guns, sometimes I feel that my devilstrand could go towards funding my gold wall initiative. instead of... well... Defense...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

thrakkemarn

...maybe you should add "modular" to the title or something lol I am ASTOUNDED at how many people are asking for separate downloads!!

Anyway, just came to say I'm using just the shields and loving it, THANK YOU!

michal3588

I have problem with mod. Raiders doesn't shoot colonists behind shield. They are running into melee even with ranged weapons instead of shooting.

Coenmcj

Quote from: thrakkemarn on October 08, 2014, 02:42:29 AM
...maybe you should add "modular" to the title or something lol I am ASTOUNDED at how many people are asking for separate downloads!!

That he should, although there are some of us that do indeed want it all, minus particular portions which are ingrained in the parts we do want. (That whole ammo thing)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Jaxxa

Just updated, should hopefully fix most of the issues people are having, and added Embrasures.

Quote from: michal3588 on October 08, 2014, 04:19:22 AM
I have problem with mod. Raiders doesn't shoot colonists behind shield. They are running into melee even with ranged weapons instead of shooting.

Thats strange, haven't noticed that, anyone else having the issue?

Quote from: thrakkemarn on October 08, 2014, 02:42:29 AM

Good, idea. I will take you up on that.

Thanks guys for all the feedback, and glad that you like it.

diegopesente

Sadly I just found that ur mod isint compatible whit EdB Interface UI :/ once the colonist gets the nanite shield, he goes "Missing" by the UI :( besides still works fine as always.

k1ll3rM

Could you add the roofdrills from betterpower+? I saw you had the laserdrills already so that would be awesome to have aswell

Kulverstukass

Ha! You make it save settings of wireless nodes and even added 1k shrotcut, awesome!

Still, no luck with buttons icons, and as i've mentioned, they was working just fine when i'm first installed mod; they just from shields, direct and indirect.
http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/1008/4b/44e109c18cd88f04128a5494e241394b.png

Also, no alerts on game startup but didn't tried personal shields due to a huge research requirement. Are they THIS great?
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

michal3588

Quote from: michal3588 on October 08, 2014, 04:19:22 AM
It's alright now. Maybe I had this problem because I activated mod on existing world and save. After creating new colony everything works fine :)

Kulverstukass

SIF shield doesn't interacts with your embrasures, just fine with sandbags, but not with stone embrasures. And not with stone autodoors. It was in previous versions of RW, but i don't remember, was it embrasures from Punisher /most likely/ or Fortification pack.
Also, is there way to add by myself to what SIf shield covers? Or is it kind of "hardcoded" into dll?

Woop woop! non-Critical non-compatibility of Personal shields with Edb interface. Step-by-step:
Edb interface 2.2.3 + Personal shield 0.3 -> Upgrade colonist -> See him marked as MISSING at top list of colonists, just like if he was kidnapped, see colonist with shield acting just fine -> save, quit to main menu, load save -> Errors in console and glitched graphics (Sorry, didn't screencapped; something about "something something energy: 250", "something not found" and standalone "0"). Game frozen, so i've restarted it completely and it loaded just fine, with only minor detail - Shielded colonists was moved to end of top bar list of interface.
Damn, game, let me check personal shieds already :D

Dude1925

Hey I seem to have a problem. When ever I try to build something from this, I can select the plan but I can't place them. I tried to place them in both godmode and not, yet there's no difference. I really like the idea of these mods but I can't use any of them.

Jaxxa

In the future if people are having problems can you please post an issue on GitHub, that will be easier that talking about it here, as we can discuss it specifically. Also including "output_log.txt" from RimWorldXXXWin_Data will be more useful that screenshots of errors.

Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 08, 2014, 05:29:21 AM
Could you add the roofdrills from betterpower+? I saw you had the laserdrills already so that would be awesome to have aswell

I never really used them but I will look into it.

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 08, 2014, 07:46:08 AM
Ha! You make it save settings of wireless nodes and even added 1k shrotcut, awesome!

Still, no luck with buttons icons, and as i've mentioned, they was working just fine when i'm first installed mod; they just from shields, direct and indirect.
http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/1008/4b/44e109c18cd88f04128a5494e241394b.png

Also, no alerts on game startup but didn't tried personal shields due to a huge research requirement. Are they THIS great?

I am not seeing the issue with the icons, can you try it on a new colony with no other mods installed.

I haven't really been able to actually play a game yet, so everything really needs balancing. The personal shields were supposed to be researched after all the normal shields, but I changed them to a completely separate module and bumped up the research requirement, although they should be very good.

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 08, 2014, 12:02:36 PM
SIF shield doesn't interacts with your embrasures, just fine with sandbags, but not with stone embrasures. And not with stone autodoors. It was in previous versions of RW, but i don't remember, was it embrasures from Punisher /most likely/ or Fortification pack.
Also, is there way to add by myself to what SIf shield covers? Or is it kind of "hardcoded" into dll?

Looks like I haven't updated that correctly, I will look into it. Currently it is hardcoded, but I want to try and read it in from XML in the future.

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 08, 2014, 12:02:36 PM
Woop woop! non-Critical non-compatibility of Personal shields with Edb interface. Step-by-step:
Edb interface 2.2.3 + Personal shield 0.3 -> Upgrade colonist -> See him marked as MISSING at top list of colonists, just like if he was kidnapped, see colonist with shield acting just fine -> save, quit to main menu, load save -> Errors in console and glitched graphics (Sorry, didn't screencapped; something about "something something energy: 250", "something not found" and standalone "0"). Game frozen, so i've restarted it completely and it loaded just fine, with only minor detail - Shielded colonists was moved to end of top bar list of interface.
Damn, game, let me check personal shieds already :D

That is disappointing will have to look into it, although not certain what I can do about it from my end.

Quote from: Dude1925 on October 08, 2014, 03:27:07 PM
Hey I seem to have a problem. When ever I try to build something from this, I can select the plan but I can't place them. I tried to place them in both godmode and not, yet there's no difference. I really like the idea of these mods but I can't use any of them.

Dont know what is happening there. Do you have any other mods installed? Can you try it on a new colony? Do you have the ED-Core mod enabled first?

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 08, 2014, 03:52:49 PM
In the future if people are having problems can you please post an issue on GitHub, that will be easier that talking about it here, as we can discuss it specifically. Also including "output_log.txt" from RimWorldXXXWin_Data will be more useful that screenshots of errors.
Should i add log from crash after "missing" upgraded colonist? And how add .txt into issue, or just copypast text in it or pastebin link with week-expire maybe (if - then what "Syntax Highlighting" for better convenience)?
I'll post log for Edb after this, but maybe you're interested too?

I am not seeing the issue with the icons, can you try it on a new colony with no other mods installed.
Yep, kept checked only Core RW, ED-core and ED-wireless, created new world, new colony, researched and placed in debug mode and at first icons was just fine (i'd also remembered them wrong, just direct on & off), but after save and complete restart of RW and load that save - crosses, crosses everywhere © at receive/transmit buttons.

That is disappointing will have to look into it, although not certain what I can do about it from my end.
It's not that bad, actually, just requires save and restart game, they also become kind of sorted, which I've found useful due to a fact (as i know) that there no sorting options of them.

k1ll3rM

I used the roofdrills mainly for trade spots inside of mountains and for solar panels inside of mountains and I also have the icon bug and EdB interface problem.