[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Quote from: Undecided on March 06, 2015, 02:16:14 PM
Quick question, what exactly is the intended role of vents in regards to temperature? That is, are they just meant to "round out" temperature between room a few degrees, or are they supposed to actually be important for climate control?

I ask because I don't seem to find much use for them besides maybe cooling down a room a 2-4 degrees too warm. But when I try to heat rooms by placing several vents between a warm one and a cold one, even when the temperature differential is a hefty 40-60 degrees, the vents perform worse than a single heater. Their performance is low enough I usually don't even bother with them anymore. Am I using them for the wrong purpose? I only ask because the item doesn't have a in-game tooltip description yet, so I may very well be using it for something it's not intended to do.

And a related question, what determines the transfer rate of transfer in regards to vents? Is there a hard cap on heat transfer, or does it scale (linearly? logarithmically?) with the difference in temp?

Sounds like you are using it right. I will have to look into that and check it is working correctly.
Currently it scales linearly up to a hard cap. I will have a look at balancing those numbers.

Quote from: TCESylver on March 06, 2015, 02:27:31 PM
Ive noticed now that shield generators arent appearing in a new game either (stargate and other stuff seems to work fine so far).
I did install the core mod first before the others like the readme stated.

Where do I find these log files?

Log files are in your main game folder / RimWorld###Win_Data / output_log.txt

Although usually the in game console will pop up if there is a problem.

Jaxxa

Updated to a new version.

I THINK it should be save compatible if you get rid of all the personal shields and the personal shield building first.

-Changes To personal Shields
--Renamed Personal shields to be "Nanite Shield Modulator"
---To better differentiate between stock shields / shields added in other mods.
--Removed tags from personal shields to stop pawns from spawning with them initially
---Not that it did them much good because they did not start charged.
--Changed layers Overhead, should now fit over armour
--Require Personal shields to be fully charged before being brought on-line

Mussels

I'm using one version older than current, but a bug worth reporting anyway:

When a colonist is injured with a surgical cut (and perhaps others, like starvation) the nano shield pings like its taking damage and depletes energy - but the wound doesnt heal. once the shield has no energy left, the wound heals like it should.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Mussels on March 10, 2015, 09:04:30 AM
I'm using one version older than current, but a bug worth reporting anyway:

When a colonist is injured with a surgical cut (and perhaps others, like starvation) the nano shield pings like its taking damage and depletes energy - but the wound doesnt heal. once the shield has no energy left, the wound heals like it should.

Thanks for reporting, I will look into that.

Slan

Hi,

I just make my first shield. I saw lot of icons : Block direct, Block Indirect, Fire suppression and Repair mode.

Can you make a quick explanation for theese in the main page under the shield part ? Thanks a lot.

Maybe a quick description of the different shields could be cool too.

Thanks a lot.

Jaxxa

Thanks for noting that. I will look into explaining that better in the next version.
Quick version is:

Block direct - Stopping Bullets
Block Indirect - Stopping Artillery
Fire suppression - Puts out fires in the shield area
Repair mode - Repairs the walls that are covered by the SIF shield

Hayhorse

I see that ED-Vheicules is a moduale now. TIME TO LIST IT.

kingtyris

Not sure if its a bug or if I simply misunderstood, but I was under the impression that the fortress shield should prevent drop pod attacks within their zone of cover? Yet I had an army of mechs drop right in on my fortress shielded trade zones.

Hayhorse

Dragoon

Quote from: Hayhorse on March 14, 2015, 10:19:05 AM
BTW a new mod ordor list please?

Dude let it go It's not even supposed to be there.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

silentlord

hi.

just installed this and wondering how does the autoloader hopper work. when i click it and go to place.... its red no matter where in the map i place it, or even the turrets. on them, around them.

dareddevil7

i noticed a vehicles module, awaiting further awesomeness

Lord_Robertson

Same!

A vehicules module? This sounds amazing. I am so looking forward being able to field a few tanks or cavalry colonists

mrzjadacz

Quote from: Jaxxa on March 12, 2015, 08:13:08 AM
Thanks for noting that. I will look into explaining that better in the next version.
Quick version is:

Block direct - Stopping Bullets
Block Indirect - Stopping Artillery
Fire suppression - Puts out fires in the shield area
Repair mode - Repairs the walls that are covered by the SIF shield
So, repair mode is useless in  Shields other than SIF?
Block direct block only bullet from outside shield to inside, or everyone? I saw that my colonists Sometimes bugging and need to shoot down shield before they can shoot in to enemies.

rditto48801

Hello.

I really love this mod so far, although after having some recent issues, I tracked down two bugs to ED.
To ED-Vehicles to be more specific.

First, some basic info.
I do use EdB Mod Order.
I downloaded ED from Nexus.
I have tried the steps listed in the FAQ for the mod. To disable all ED mods, restart, enable ED Core, restart, enable other ED modules, restart. Also making sure all modules are after/below ED Core on the EdB Mod Order list, but it did not help with the second bug I found.
The one DLL file is present.
I don't have an account on Github, which is why I did not log the issue there.

Bug #1:
Log spam, regarding InstallScytherKnifeProtrusion.
After searching lots and lots of Reciple_Medicine/Surgery and Races_Humanoid files from assorted mods, I tracked it to ED-Vehicles/Defs/ThingDefs/Races_Humanoid.xml.
Under recipes for the shielded pawn info.
  <li>InstallScytherKnifeProtrusion</li>
I changed it to InstallScytherBlade since I saw the same basic issue mentioned in other places on the forum, and the log spam stopped.

Bug 2:
Pirates never attacking my colony. Using dev mode to start pirate raids causes an error to pop up.
A bug that confused me until after fixing bug #1, when I was able to see a new error not pushed out of sight by walls of red text from bug 1.
Could not find a type named Enhanced_Defence.PersonalShields.ShieldedPawn
I can't figure out if it is due to a mod conflict or not. (I got mod soup, so there are many suspects...)
Everything else occurs just fine. Visitors from friendly towns/tribes, hostile tribe attacks, mechanoids showing up uninvited, and a animal attacks like a herd of 2 dozen psychotic deer that make me love Embrasures even more.

Disabling ED-Vehicles allows pirate raids to occur during testing with dev mode.

Minor issue.
Personal Nanno Shield sells for $0.50
Checking the xml files, I saw the Nanno and Nano version both have a market value of 0.

Question:
Is the SIF Shield supposed to ignore Embrasures?
I am guessing it is due to no way for it to tell the difference between friendly and hostile fire.

Question 2:
Can nanno and nano shield be used together? Or otherwise would it work if I were to copy the data for the nanno shield over to the file for the nanoshield?
I ask because I don't want to restart my colony, but using the updated Nano shield module breaks my saves.
There are unopened cryopods in my present game, so I am guessing that is why updating from Nanno to Nano shield mod breaks my save. Due to on ice pawns probably being generated with nanno shields.
I used dev mode to destroy all the personal nanno shields in my colony that I could find. I also used it to find other cryopods hidden out of sight, and realize I got a Mechanoid infestation in one room, so if nanno and nano cannot be used together... I got a goal to aim for. Probably involving turrets, shields, embrasures, and a stack of steel just for a really long power line.

Opinion about the shields.
The small shields seem to use a lot of power compared to the standard shield.
Since they have 1/4 the shield radius, and cover maybe 1/16 the area, just using half the energy in sustaining mode seems a bit off.
Is there a reason for that? Such as just being a trade off for having it not be an obstacle and being smaller in terms of physical size?

Another question.
Would it be alright if I were to suggest some stray ideas I had regarding shields, and perhaps new shield types?
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.