[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Had a look at the "Space already occupied" bug.
Raised the size of the Filler back to what it was before but still no luck, so it looks like it is not related to the change in size but something else. So far it is just not letting me place things over steam vents. I will look into what changes I can make to work around this.

skullywag

I assume the filler is using the placement restricter for "on a geyser"? Not near the code so cant check.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jaxxa

Yes, It is:
<placeWorkers>
      <li>PlaceWorker_OnSteamGeyser</li>
</placeWorkers>

And it is correctly limiting it. If you try placing it anywhere else it gives the error "Must be placed directly on a steam geyser" as you would expect. But when you have it over a geyser it says  "Space already occupied".

I am having a look in  Verse.GenSpawn.CanPlaceBlueprintOver() and Verse.GenSpawn.BlocksBlueprintInstantiation() and it looks like there are a number of tests cases hard coded to allow Geothermal Generators over Steam Geyser.

if (oldDef == ThingDefOf.SteamGeyser)
        return newDef == ThingDefOf.GeothermalGenerator;

So it looks this might not be possible to have other buildings built over SteamGeyser now?

Anyway I will have another look a it tomorrow and if I cant get that going I might make it so it removes Steam Geyser near it as a workaround.

deadlydullahan

A temporary work around for getting rid of steam-geysers would be to go into the core defs and looking under things>buildings_natural and changing <destroyable>false</destroyable> to true like I did below. This'll let you enter dev mode and destroy the steam_geyser. It's cheatsy but it's a work around. Also I'm not sure if it's due to <neverOverlapFloors>true</neverOverlapFloors> that prevents the laser filler from overlapping the geyser; it just caught my attention is all.

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingNaturalBase">
<category>Ethereal</category>
<label>steam geyser</label>
<defName>SteamGeyser</defName>
<thingClass>SteamGeyser</thingClass>
<graphicPath>Things/Building/Natural/SteamGeyser</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<graphicShaderType>Transparent</graphicShaderType>
<altitudeLayer>Floor</altitudeLayer>
<destroyable>true</destroyable>
<useHitPoints>false</useHitPoints>
<tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
<selectable>true</selectable>
<description>Natural steam source.</description>
<size>(2,2)</size>
<graphicOverdraw>true</graphicOverdraw>
<neverOverlapFloors>true</neverOverlapFloors>
<blockPlants>true</blockPlants>
</ThingDef>
</ThingDefs>

HerrColonel

Hello
I used and enjoyed this mod so far
But now in alpha 10, the SIF shield seems to not work correctly (don't affect walls/embrasures but affects sandbags)

I'd love to use it again when SIF shield will be fixed
(or if someone know how to tweak the files to make it work I want to know)

Jaxxa

New version time. Should fix that issue with the SIF shield and a few other bugs.
Also this is the first time I have (deliberately) left the vehicle module in. It is still very rough and using placeholder art, and I am not even certain what direction I am taking it.

The gist of it is that you can build the vehicle bay, then from that build a vehicle, you then need to man it with one of your colonists and hey can drive it around the map (quickly), you can carry more resources / colonists around and is armed with mechanoid style weapons. Let me know what you think

Quote0.18.0
-Initial Alpha of Vehicle module
-Fix for Personal Shields
--Not recognising when charger is disabled
--Attempting to charge full shields
-Laser Filler now works on Area of Effect
-Removed EmbrasureConduit
-SIF Shielded buildings are now read in from XML to be easily edited.
--Included by default are:
---Sandbags
---Wall
---Door
---Autodoor
---Embrasure

HerrColonel

Thank you modder for your quick update
Bugs are fixed and your mod is still one of the best for defense
I personnaly use embrasure and shields

bigmap

Jaxxa

Quote from: bigmap on May 15, 2015, 10:29:26 AM
SIF Shielded have a BUG, unable to save.

Updated, should fix that. Let me know if it doesn't.

bigmap

thanks ,it's ok!

Switching “ Show Visually ” mode have is a mistake,

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jaxxa

Phaesake

I dunno if this has been covered yet on the topic about the Fortress Shield not stopping drop pods (Raids from drop pods, trading...). It seems that when I tried to load into my save game with a Fortress Shield in it already, it didn't work against drop pods.

I am not a coder at all and don't know any fixes for this in code. But a rudimentary way to fix this is to go into Dev mode, deconstruct the old fortress shield and build a new one in God Mode. If there is any other easy way please lemme know! ;D

Flarestarchild

Hey Jaxxa, any eta on if/when you will be updating this to A11? I saw you have been working on it on GitHub but nothing anywhere else.

Jaxxa

Clibanarius

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 14, 2015, 05:15:10 PM
Hope to have it up in the next day or two.
Ooh, thank you. I can't wait, personally!