[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

vagineer1

Quote from: nmid on June 24, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
You can...
RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence_0.19.0
has all the mods in different subfolders.

Just remember to add ED-Core and then you can add ED-Embrasures+ED-Shields.

Ah thank you.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Materialjam

Not entirely sure if this was a one-time only thing or perhaps some sort of a compatibility issue between mods, but I recently had some raider drop-pods drop in the area of a fortress shield?

It would not be such a big deal to me if I did not have multiple, and the idea that they might drop deeper into my base worries me since I had built it thinking I would not have to worry about internal threats. Thanks!

Jaxxa

Are you running the latest version of the mod / latest rimworld?

That issue has come up a bit before, I was hopeful that is was fixed in the latest version, but I have never been able to replicate it consistently.

Materialjam

I know it is with the latest version of Rimworld, but I will redownload the mod and retry later. I'm on vacation, or else I would try to be more help!

When I get the chance I will try it with and without mods also, as it might be some kind of conflict or another. Like the last complaint, though, it only occurs when reloading a save file and can be fixed by demolishing and rebuilding the generator. Nothing game-breaking, so I can't complain too much!

Vas

Your 24 hour plant thing no longer seems functional.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ThirdEye

I can't seem to get the Stargate or Orbital Command modules to work. When I finish building nothing appears.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Vas lihttps://ludeon.com/forums/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gifnk=topic=6636.msg147641#msg147641 date=1435910954
Your 24 hour plant thing no longer seems functional.
Can you please give me more details, I have not had any trouble with it. Is it only some plants that are not working or all of them? Are you certain that you have the load order correct?

Quote from: ThirdEye on July 04, 2015, 02:58:15 AM
I can't seem to get the Stargate or Orbital Command modules to work. When I finish building nothing appears.
Are you certain that you have the load order correct? What version did you download?

Quote from: Materialjam on June 30, 2015, 04:07:07 PM
I know it is with the latest version of Rimworld, but I will redownload the mod and retry later. I'm on vacation, or else I would try to be more help!

When I get the chance I will try it with and without mods also, as it might be some kind of conflict or another. Like the last complaint, though, it only occurs when reloading a save file and can be fixed by demolishing and rebuilding the generator. Nothing game-breaking, so I can't complain too much!

Thanks any issue you can post steps to persistently recreate will be a big step in me fixing it.

ThirdEye

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 04, 2015, 06:14:29 AM
Are you certain that you have the load order correct? What version did you download?

See attached for mod order, and I am using the github build with Alpha 11.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jaxxa

Quote from: ThirdEye on July 04, 2015, 11:47:20 AM
Quote from: Jaxxa on July 04, 2015, 06:14:29 AM

See attached for mod order, and I am using the github build with Alpha 11.

Best not to use the Github builds, you should use one of the release downloads from the Nexus or mediafire.
Github was a source only release, I just switched to having the binaries up there now, but still not a good idea as they are exactly what I am working on now and even less of a guarantee that they are stable than the other main versions.

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Jaxxa

It might work in 11b, not certain.
But the an official 11b update and return of the Stargate module should be up later today.

Jaxxa

I am thinking about splitting the mod up into separate mods, so each module would be a different download. What do you guys think about that?
So far I can think of.

Advantages:

• Only download the ones you want.
  • Only update what you need, if you are not using one module no point updating it. (less chance to break save games).
  • Update one part at a time, e.g. remove all shields from your game, update the shield mod, and load the save game to see if it works / able to stay on older versions of some modules until you start a new save while using newer parts of others.
  • Separate .dll's in each module, less reliance on load order.

Disadvantages:

• Aditional Overhead when developing, it will take longer for me to get all the modules updated, to a new version, but updates have slowed down recently and look to be pausing for months, so this might not matter too much.
  • If you want everything you have a dozen separate files to download.
  • Shared code between modules would be duplicated, could potentially reduce interconnectivity between modules.

I put up a poll to get feedback.

Jaxxa

New update.

Quote0.19.1
-Changes to Visual studio output location
-Now include .dll in github repository
-Now building against Alpha 11B Binaries
-Removed some conflicting hotkeys
-Updating Stargate to Alpha11

nmid

Wow.... a crazy but obvious idea for a "cross-over" just entered my head...
Can a undestructable & fixed star gate be a starting fixture to your colony and the jaffa faction (from another mod) use it to 'visit' your colony?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Vas

I like the shields in this mod, I just wish you could set them to ignore friendly fire, so I can shoot through them.  When I use a line of shields to defend a very large wall, I can't shoot through it because shields are overlapping.  When I use two shields together to compensate for one going down and giving the other time to recover, I can't shoot through it, if I make it so I can, I get shot, like not having a shield at all.  A single shot and my colonist's liver was shot out, so I can't even take them down for a long enough time to shoot a few rounds first.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.