[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Smasher5523

I love this mod so much, except for only 1 thing... We got huge shields stopping mortars, and small shields stopping it all.. How about huge shields that block everything? for a huge price though, please add? ;)

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 10, 2014, 09:28:58 AM
Nope, found a problem. Fire now heavily lags game, lots of errors in console, unplayable FPS. To the github log goes.

Is anyone else seeing this? I have not been able to reproduce this. Does it happen on a new map?

Omni

So, I liked the idea of the OmniGel, but the textures were driving me crazy. So I made new ones. (Also, it's "Omni" Gel, so it has to look good. ;) )

The plant and detached "bulb" are yours to use freely; the base of the plant is based on the ingame agave art, but otherwise it's all original. The tables, however, are based on a table in the Clutter mod, so I imagine you'll have to get permission if you want to use them. It's only the very base of the table - the blue part - that is from Clutter, so if necessary I could simply replace the base table with something else. (It'd look far less cool, though.) If there is any issue from me sharing these images with content from Clutter, I can remove them from the attachments. (Or a moderator can, if it is necessary.)

I kind of assume "Omni Gel" is based on Mass Effect's Omni Gel, so I made the textures to fit that theme. ;D As an easter egg, if you look carefully at the base of the plant, the "veins" on it suggest this is after the "green" ending was chosen. (Just calling it green to avoid spoilers.)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 10, 2014, 08:07:00 PM
Is anyone else seeing this? I have not been able to reproduce this. Does it happen on a new map?
I think i should apologize for that sort of false alarm, i wasn't able to reproduce that problem in a new colony, so it maybe just old save incompatibility, as i was keeping same colony from before ED installed and up to 0.05.

In short words, there is no problems with fire as i stated.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Coenmcj

I'm using 0.04 at the moment and I noticed that my SIF shields were not interacting with my walls. any of them. At all. Switched to dev mode and checked all types of both persuasions (Powered and non) and nothing, no repair mode, no shield, no nothing.

I'm running the full Enhanced defense pack with EdB's prepare carefully incase that's of any use.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 11, 2014, 02:49:21 AM
I'm using 0.04 at the moment and I noticed that my SIF shields were not interacting with my walls. any of them. At all.
Shield was working after being built, but stopped after you restarted RW, like loading savegame next day? Check for console "~", there should be an error "ShieldField.validBuildings Not set up properly" while SIF shield being powered.
If yes - add any additional info here https://github.com/jaxxa/RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence/issues/8 to help Jaxxa track that error.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Omni on October 10, 2014, 11:06:46 PM
So, I liked the idea of the OmniGel, but the textures were driving me crazy. So I made new ones. (Also, it's "Omni" Gel, so it has to look good. ;) )
Thanks, Love the new Textures, just added them to the new version.

If anyone has or wants to make and texture,s that would be good send them my way :)

I have just put up a new version that I hope will fix the issues that are happening now.

Thanks for the feedback / bug reports guys, especially Kulverstukass.

- Fix for SIF Shield not restoring correctly when loading a saved game.
- Fix for potential null pointer errors relating to projectiles without a faction
- Changed OmniGel textures to use the ones provided by Omni

Shinzy

Quote from: Omni on October 10, 2014, 11:06:46 PM

I love these!

The bulb makes me think of vultures beak though (Which is not a bad thing but I couldn't resist ;D)

Omni

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 11, 2014, 04:20:37 AM
- Changed OmniGel textures to use the ones provided by Omni
This makes me laugh. ;D But I guess where else would you get OmniGel textures?

Kulverstukass

Didn't tested much, but previously created new colony, for testing fire and SIF shield was working good after loading and reloading RW didn't caused any errors with shield functions. Great work!

Kulverstukass

I'm double posting just so it will not be unnoticed as edition of much earlier previous post.
And i'm sorry again for my awful english.

Jaxxa, i was looking at your shield mechanics and thought, if you are was able to implement it even into a pawn and game "swallowed" such alteration (i do hope for "simplicity reasons" that you just copied default pawn and added shield mechanics to it, that's why we have "shielded colonist body" in dump storage and crematorium, or just linked new type of body to default behavior), as sort of next step, even if you prefer defensive mechanics (sort of neglected by Deep strike feature), may be a great overhaul of "weapons & ammo" mechanics by adding reversed shield feature as ammo counter, with depleting energy for spawning bullet and recharging working as change of clip.

I'm not calling for "go and make it", you'd put a lot of time into your mods already, but, erm, look at possibility of it in a more theoretical way, are weapons/items as "things" even close to be capable of holding such (at least looking so) complicated with abstractions (as projected shield isn't a "solid" building, more of spawned and supported effect; as it looks for me, far from modding).

Simple imaging of pistol, not being that slowpoke bullet spewer or bursting all his clip in one shot even if enemy is dead as modders try to make it for viable CQC option, or shotgun, making 7 (5) fast shots as it's a hunting weapon, like 1s to aim, 1.5s to recover from recoil and reload from internal magazine, but going after that for, like, 5s reload (as shields goes for 15s) make my heart skip a beat.
Also, it would remove such a problematic workarounds, as for Stun Gun by skullywag, where for balance reasons it has 10s cooldown, and game's mechanics make colonist completely immobile.

It would be RRR-Evolution for sure.

Xill

so i may just be very blind.
but i cant get the mortars to be reloaded with new shells

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Xill on October 12, 2014, 11:20:42 AM
Sure you didn't misused default hopper instead of new autoloader?

I've didn't tried it by myself, after four mortars was shooting at crashed ship part surrounded by centipedes for two days and didn't drop it health even to half, just looking at mortars in Security tab makes me sick. What even worse, raiders able to directly hit lone colonist or power cord at first try.

Xill

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 12, 2014, 12:04:52 PM
Quote from: Xill on October 12, 2014, 11:20:42 AM
Sure you didn't misused default hopper instead of new autoloader?

I've didn't tried it by myself, after four mortars was shooting at crashed ship part surrounded by centipedes for two days and didn't drop it health even to half, just looking at mortars in Security tab makes me sick. What even worse, raiders able to directly hit lone colonist or power cord at first try.

that might've been it. i thought the autoloaders were part of another mod. heh ^_ ^"

Jaxxa

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 11, 2014, 08:16:02 PM
...ammo counter...

An interesting idea that has come up before in various threads. I have added it to my list of potential features, but don't expect anything any time soon, if at all. I doubt that I will make any major additions before Alpha 8.

Quote from: Xill on October 12, 2014, 12:09:38 PM
that might've been it. i thought the autoloaders were part of another mod. heh ^_ ^"

Glad you got it sorted :)