[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Thanks for reporting that.
It looks like I accidentally left in "ED-Vehicles" that I was playing with at some point but does not work. Just disable that module and it should get rid of most of the errors.

Jaxxa

FYI about the personal shields. They are now using an gear object that must be equipped (you can get it for free from the Colonist Upgrade Station). But apart from that should function as they did in the previous version of my mod for the previous alpha.

They will block all damage, can be used with guns, but must be recharged by going to the station.

Mussels

Quote from: Jaxxa on March 01, 2015, 05:39:09 PM
FYI about the personal shields. They are now using an gear object that must be equipped (you can get it for free from the Colonist Upgrade Station). But apart from that should function as they did in the previous version of my mod for the previous alpha.

They will block all damage, can be used with guns, but must be recharged by going to the station.

sounds like a great update - i'll remove the vehicles one, it was quite a surprise to see in the list.

Mussels

Thoughts so far:

Nano shield has a typo as nanno. It equips and works fine, but appears to replace a clothing item (power armor) - i feel it shouldnt replace that, but work with it. problem example: cold weather, as it replaces the parka.

Same as last version, all the stations seem to share that pool of energy - bit odd that, can they be made to have seperate energy?

jabbamonkey

There are individual modules that are in the zip file... but not mentioned in the description...

What are these...
1. Autoloader
2. Vehicles

Also, the GitHub descriptions for some of the modules state "Starting Update to New Alpha" ... are these modules not ready for Alpha 9 (as this post suggests), or has GitHub not been updated?  For example, see your github page and look at DeepStrike and Embrasures...

Jaxxa

Quote from: Mussels on March 02, 2015, 01:21:50 AM
Same as last version, all the stations seem to share that pool of energy - bit odd that, can they be made to have seperate energy?

They could, but it was a deliberate choice to have them all share energy to prevent people from being able to spam them and become really powerful.

Quote from: Mussels on March 02, 2015, 01:21:50 AM
Thoughts so far:

Nano shield has a typo as nanno. It equips and works fine, but appears to replace a clothing item (power armor) - i feel it shouldnt replace that, but work with it. problem example: cold weather, as it replaces the parka.

Noted.

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 02, 2015, 09:33:16 AM
There are individual modules that are in the zip file... but not mentioned in the description...

What are these...
1. Autoloader
2. Vehicles

Also, the GitHub descriptions for some of the modules state "Starting Update to New Alpha" ... are these modules not ready for Alpha 9 (as this post suggests), or has GitHub not been updated?  For example, see your github page and look at DeepStrike and Embrasures...

Your best bet is to look at the descriptions in the About.xml, the same ones that show up in the mod menu. Autoloader is needed by functionality in the Stargate module and Vehicles are not ready for release yet and was included by accident.

Github is uptodate (source only) and they should be ready. Those descriptions are of the last commit that changed anything in that folder. I did a "Starting Update to New Alpha" commit that updated some modules but not others. So the ones that were updated first but not after will still show that as the last change. I am meaning to try and be more descriptive in the update messages.

Remember you are better getting a binary release from mediafire or the nexus as Github does not have the binaries and may have half finished changes in it.

MrSurvivor

Does the ed 24 hour plants affect the new hops, rice, and corn?

Jaxxa

Quote from: MrSurvivor on March 03, 2015, 06:14:27 PM
Does the ed 24 hour plants affect the new hops, rice, and corn?

It should do. Let me know of you notice any problems with it.

hunterkiller725

is anyone elses shield generates disappearing as soon as there made?

Jaxxa

Quote from: hunterkiller725 on March 04, 2015, 02:21:53 AM

Please read through the FAQ linked from the first post.

Yas

Quote from: hunterkiller725 on March 04, 2015, 02:21:53 AM

Had that problem once when I forget to activate ED-Core mod

TCESylver

Strange issue im having. When I build an autoloader in my existing save it doesnt appear after being built, but it works perfectly fine in a new game.

EDIT: just notice it happens with ALL built objects now, vanilla or mods.

Jaxxa

That is very strange. If it is happening with the vanilla buildings I don't know what is going on.
Is there anything in the log files?

Undecided

Quick question, what exactly is the intended role of vents in regards to temperature? That is, are they just meant to "round out" temperature between room a few degrees, or are they supposed to actually be important for climate control?

I ask because I don't seem to find much use for them besides maybe cooling down a room a 2-4 degrees too warm. But when I try to heat rooms by placing several vents between a warm one and a cold one, even when the temperature differential is a hefty 40-60 degrees, the vents perform worse than a single heater. Their performance is low enough I usually don't even bother with them anymore. Am I using them for the wrong purpose? I only ask because the item doesn't have a in-game tooltip description yet, so I may very well be using it for something it's not intended to do.

And a related question, what determines the transfer rate of transfer in regards to vents? Is there a hard cap on heat transfer, or does it scale (linearly? logarithmically?) with the difference in temp?

TCESylver

Quote from: Jaxxa on March 05, 2015, 10:09:21 PM
That is very strange. If it is happening with the vanilla buildings I don't know what is going on.
Is there anything in the log files?

Ive noticed now that shield generators arent appearing in a new game either (stargate and other stuff seems to work fine so far).
I did install the core mod first before the others like the readme stated.

Where do I find these log files?