[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Release Time :)

As always let me know if you see something not right.

Quote0.17.0
-Updating to Alpha 10
-Fixed Repair mode display bug
-Removed ED-VisibleRadius
--Now Sunlamps can create grow zones and Trade beacons can create stockpiles
---This removes the main use for this module
-Personal Shields Ignore Certain damage types:
--HealGlobal
--HealInjury
--Repair
--RestoreBodyPart
--SurgicalCut

Quote from: AntiMatter on April 03, 2015, 05:24:21 PM
Adds a Stargate System, Allows for the Transport of Personnel and Supplies between Colonies.

how!? how did you come across the method of this? please do indulge me! my curiosity is over the wall!
so let me get this straight. if i have a stargate in two of my colonies but they're not on the same map (say different co-ordinates) it will work?

haven't tried it out i took a looooong month off RW

The basics of it is that you can add pawns / resources to a list that is stored within the stargate. This list can then be saved to an external file on your hard drive. Then the file can be read and the object spawned back into the game world. This way it does not matter what colony / world you are on when you send receive them, it will always be shared. Let me know if you want anymore details.

Quote from: skellitor301 on April 12, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
You know, that stargate addition would be a great bridge for multiplayer. Where people play on the same world, just on their own colonies, and they work together/against eachother through the stargates. If against, they could either drop in or hack their stargate
You can use the Stargate for trading Colonists / resources between different player, but currently you will have to manually move the files or set up something like dropbox to sync them. Although you cant do anything against them, and pawns you send to another player would come under their control.

Latta

There was a report that when you harvest OmniGels, you get potatoes. Can you check this?

Dragoon_103

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with Omni-Gel plants creating around 2-3 potatos instead of any Omnigel when harvested, this was done with hydroponics though.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 24, 2015, 12:14:27 AM
Release Time :)

As always let me know if you see something not right.

Quote0.17.0
-Updating to Alpha 10
-Fixed Repair mode display bug
-Removed ED-VisibleRadius
--Now Sunlamps can create grow zones and Trade beacons can create stockpiles
---This removes the main use for this module
-Personal Shields Ignore Certain damage types:
--HealGlobal
--HealInjury
--Repair
--RestoreBodyPart
--SurgicalCut

[...]

Thanks Jaxxa.. i was jonesing for some omnigel :)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Latta on April 26, 2015, 07:12:45 AM
There was a report that when you harvest OmniGels, you get potatoes. Can you check this?

edited.. nevermind *grin*   more complex than expected.. oh.. jaxxa :-)

SucceededKiller

Hey,

Changing <harvestedThingDef>RawPotatoes</harvestedThingDef>
to <harvestedThingDef>OmniGel</harvestedThingDef> in *rimworld install*"\Mods\ED-OmniGel\Defs\ThingDefs\Plants_OmniGel.xml" fixed it for me if you don't want to wait. :)

Ninefinger

Awesome mod, one of my personal favorites! keep up the great work Jaxxa!

Jaxxa

Uploaded a new fix for the issue with OmniGel.
Thanks for reporting.

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 27, 2015, 03:10:29 AM
Awesome mod, one of my personal favorites! keep up the great work Jaxxa!
Thanks, Glad you are enjoying it.

Crimsonknight3

Hey, I just went through and made some compatibility edits for "Superior Crafting" to add things into the tech tree created by superior crafting. If anyone would like I can send them. I didn't go too overboard, mostly just adding them into where I believed would be the best place where they won't come too early :) The biggest change would be that the stargate functionality is pushed into being end game type stuff. You have to research POWER IV, CONSTRUCTION IV & CRAFTING IV aswell as the stargate tech. I am not sure whether this makes the stargate totally pointless and whether I should try and move it down to mid-game rather than late game...

On that subject I have a question for the dev, is it possible to write a .dll that makes a single stargate spawn with each new world, whilst the research to create additional stargates is still needed incase the first one gets destroyed, or you can't find it? I can do a little coding and have made a few little mods nothing complicated though :)

{EDIT}
Well it took the better part of 2 hours and I DID NOT realise its 3am (just looked at the time when I was writing the beginning of this sentence ><) and lots of trial and error and confusion at the hierachy of stupid terrain generation and it took me a long time to realise that if I want to add something into the terrain generation, I had to copy ALL of the generation steps, rather than simply trying to insert an extra step on its own.. ANYWAY now on every map 1 and only 1 stargate will spawn when the colony is created, if that is destroyed Ill have to research and unlock it the loong hard way... Might even lower the stargate's hitpoints to make it a bit more fragile (even though I am a HUGE fan of stargate and know it's only really sensitive to energy rather than physical damage :) ) that way this system of having 1 spawn with every map doesn't make things too easy still... I could even go so far as to make it a priority for raiders to attack... but not tonight! anyway, I am having a little issue in the error log with one of my research steps for Superior crafting and enhanced defence (Getting an error for one research item and can't figure out why...) if anyone wants to emulate any of my own messings with mods, just message me and ill help where I can :)

Zapp Brannigan

Hi I am having an issue with the Laser Filler. It is a 2x2 size instead of 4x4 and trying to place it over a geyser say Space already occupied. I am running it with the Alpha 10 build.

Nataris

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on April 27, 2015, 07:00:55 PM
Hey, I just went through and made some compatibility edits for "Superior Crafting" to add things into the tech tree created by superior crafting. If anyone would like I can send them.

I would love to have them as SC is one of my favorite mods and I wanted to give this mod a try as well.  Stargates sound like a lot of fun. 

I would greatly appreciate a file to replace or whatever to make them compatible.  Thanks in advance :)

Skyswimsky

Using ED-Vehicle's it kinda makes my main menu dissapear with an empty debug log.

camper0769

Loving the mod so far, but I'm having a problem where my workers try to harvest the omnigel and the harvesting leaf shows up but then they stop and nothing happens

Jaxxa

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on April 27, 2015, 07:00:55 PM
Awesome work, glad you found a way to do what you wanted.

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan on April 28, 2015, 06:46:51 AM
Hi I am having an issue with the Laser Filler. It is a 2x2 size instead of 4x4 and trying to place it over a geyser say Space already occupied. I am running it with the Alpha 10 build.
I made it 2x2 to try and avoid issues like that by making it smaller. Is there some terrain that you cany build on there? or another obstruction.

Quote from: Skyswimsky on April 28, 2015, 06:02:31 PM
Using ED-Vehicle's it kinda makes my main menu dissapear with an empty debug log.
Sorry, that is still a work in progress and I forgot to remove it from the release version. But an alpha version of that module should be coming real soon now.

Quote from: camper0769 on April 30, 2015, 08:37:13 PM
Loving the mod so far, but I'm having a problem where my workers try to harvest the omnigel and the harvesting leaf shows up but then they stop and nothing happens
Strange, is that happening consistently?

Thoranius

I seem to be running into the "Space already occupied" bug with the 2x2 laser filler as well, even cut any grass around the site and attempted to skip around and see if there were items hiding under the geyser...mod was not installed on a fresh game, but a previous save. No apparent alerts in the debug log. Playing the most recent Alpha 10 as of today's date.

Update : Tested with a freshly generated world, and a new colony. Results appear the same.