[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Quote from: keeper_247 on October 23, 2014, 03:20:05 PM
how do you make shells? or can you only buy them for weapon traders?

The High level (3) version of the OmniGel Replicator can create shells.

Quote from: RoxTaze on October 23, 2014, 08:35:49 AM
I have some ideas for this mod, but i'm not sure about it's efficiency - they may be too imbalance for early times.. (but helpful later.)

Feel free to suggest them, I can add them to the list I have of possible features.

Tsilliev

Help?

I guess its conflicting with other mods? How do you find exactly which ones, I read there is problem with ed prepare carefuly + fusion power plant, are these the main suspects?

Jaxxa

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 24, 2014, 03:19:13 AM
Help?
I guess its conflicting with other mods? How do you find exactly which ones, I read there is problem with ed prepare carefuly + fusion power plant, are these the main suspects?

Please read the FAQ that is linked from the first post:
Quote from: Jaxxa on October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM
If you are having trouble please Read this FAQ, it has instructions on logging an issue at the end of it:
https://github.com/jaxxa/RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence/wiki/FAQ-Problems

RoxTaze

Well... the most obvious addition to shield system is capacitors - they can be like some sort of Hoppers (can be placed nearby) but only store a shield charge in quiet periods, charging shields back when siege comes.

Second interesting idea is create semi-remote shield system, connect a wireless energy transfering and shields. (for example - Charger produces charge, then through some sort of cables(mod own cables) transfer it to transmitter, which dispense the charge between shields.)

AAAAnd the most tasty - EMP or Gamma-Shields that protects any electronics during a solar flares. (This is be most useful idea because many mods and sometimes - Game itself rely on volatile tech. (Yep... i'm looking at JuliaEllie's Apothecarius and EVERY hydroponics basin in the game.)
Trust me - i'm an Engineer!

Coenmcj

But will it blend? That is the question.

Some things in rimworld are still hardcoded, Solar flares might be uneditable so that something could stop them in a localized area.

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Igabod

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 25, 2014, 07:13:25 PM

Some things in rimworld are still hardcoded, Solar flares might be uneditable so that something could stop them in a localized area.

There is a mod out now that adds hydroponics basins and lights and a turret that all operate without being connected to the power grid and still function during solar flares. So I'm sure it's possible.

RoxTaze

Quote from: Igabod on October 25, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

There is a mod out now that adds hydroponics basins and lights and a turret that all operate without being connected to the power grid and still function during solar flares. So I'm sure it's possible.

Yep! I made Apothecarius HiveMind building immune to SF's like in that mode... but i think for Jaxxa it will be more easy than for me.
Trust me - i'm an Engineer!

ITOS

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Quote from: ITOS on October 26, 2014, 03:13:26 PM
My brain turns "EMRG turret" into "Ermahgerd! turret".

Mine too! LOL. Every time I see that on my mods list I say ERMAHGERD!

Jaxxa

I would like to so some type of Solar flare shielding, although I have not looked into how the events are done so I don't know if it is possible.

I don't want to have to take the approach of changing every building individually as that would be quite a bit of work and break compatibility with a lot of other mods. So I will see what I can do.

Coenmcj

Quote from: ITOS on October 26, 2014, 03:13:26 PM
My brain turns "EMRG turret" into "Ermahgerd! turret".

Damn it ITOS!

"Ermahgerd! Ermahgerd turrets in the cliffs cap'n!"

Weyrling

I just discovered that the fortress shield blocks incoming trade pods as well as attackers, I just sold a bunch of stuff and disintegrated about 6000 silver, also lit one of my walls on fire.

It makes sense but I didn't even consider it until after the fact.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Weyrling on October 28, 2014, 08:54:24 PM
I just discovered that the fortress shield blocks incoming trade pods as well as attackers, I just sold a bunch of stuff and disintegrated about 6000 silver, also lit one of my walls on fire.

It makes sense but I didn't even consider it until after the fact.

Hah, that's brilliant.
What an excellent way to add inflation to the market!

Jaxxa

Yes, that is something to keep in mind when receiving supplies.

Also if you are using the DeepStrike module and you are not careful you can kill all of your colonists in one go and loose the game.