[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

Quote from: Khaosius789 on January 17, 2015, 08:07:03 PM
Vents don't work. O.o Yes, I checked to make sure it was open.

Are you getting any errors in the log?
What is the temperature difference?

It is not instant, the temperature may take a while to equalize.
Can you post a screenshot of where you are trying it?

Runesco

Hey, great mods with all the stuffs and thangs. It's a lot of fun to play around with after vanilla base game :D Just have a quick question though, how do I activate shields once I've given my colonists the nano shield upgrade? It seems to be random, but a few of them have the nano shield, but it says offline while others have online?

Hayhorse

Yeah vent dont work, on my plains colonoy I tried it in the first 2 bed rooms and the temepture in the other room ( the one that was freezing) was spiking to ~56C and droping to ~12C while the other room just sat there and began cooling down

Nitote

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 17, 2015, 06:08:34 AM
Just uploaded a new version:
This will most probably break already constructed Stargates and Mortars, I THINK it should be save compatible if you deconstruct those building first, but as always keep a backup.

Quote from: Nitote on January 16, 2015, 10:58:46 PM
When i use this mod, when building things like the stargate and shields, at the point of finnish building, it just disapears, like it wasnt built.

Sorry you are having trouble. This is usually a problem with the instalation, modules not being installed or not in the correct load order. Could you please read through the FAQ https://github.com/jaxxa/RimWorld-Enhanced-Defence/wiki/FAQ-Problems and let me know of that does or does not fix your problem.

Is that list on the right on Github the correct load order, if not, could you list the correct order, in which you got it to work?

pirate34

Has a conflict with Mr Carltons central heating mod regardless of whether or not the vent module is being used (I'm only running ED Core and ED Stargate) causing visual glitches; central heating vents will appear to be random objects on screen at the same time

chaotix14

Quote from: pirate34 on January 18, 2015, 05:21:02 PM
Has a conflict with Mr Carltons central heating mod regardless of whether or not the vent module is being used (I'm only running ED Core and ED Stargate) causing visual glitches; central heating vents will appear to be random objects on screen at the same time

Odd, as I'm running central heating and ED along side another without any hitch.
Visual glitches are a common occurrence if you don't exit and restart the client after activating mods, that might be the case.

On another note I completely removed the ED vents file from my mods folder, presumably me being on automatic mode and avoiding conflicts by having 2 mods that do basically the same thing. Maybe if you try doing the same your glitches will be solved.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Runesco on January 18, 2015, 12:08:53 PM
Hey, great mods with all the stuffs and thangs. It's a lot of fun to play around with after vanilla base game :D Just have a quick question though, how do I activate shields once I've given my colonists the nano shield upgrade? It seems to be random, but a few of them have the nano shield, but it says offline while others have online?
1. Research the personal shields
2. Build the Colonist Upgrade Station
3. Draft a colonist and have then stand near it
4. Press  "Upgrade to Nanno Shield" button to have that individual colonist upgraded to use shields (they should now show the shield status) - The upgrade building will need to recharge itself before it can do this again. Repeat this for all colonists
5. To recharge shields have them stand near the building when it is charged, if their shields are offline it must charge to 100% before it will come online again.

Tip: I like to build a upgrade station near the kitchen table so they recharge when eating, all upgrade building stare the same charge with each other.

Quote from: Hayhorse on January 18, 2015, 12:22:54 PM
Yeah vent dont work, on my plains colonoy I tried it in the first 2 bed rooms and the temepture in the other room ( the one that was freezing) was spiking to ~56C and droping to ~12C while the other room just sat there and began cooling down

Thanks for the report. It currently will move more heat the greater the temperature difference, I suppose with a small room it might be able to cause those kinds of fluctuations in a small room. I will test that out and probably rework the logic for them.

Quote from: Nitote on January 18, 2015, 01:16:29 PM
Is that list on the right on Github the correct load order, if not, could you list the correct order, in which you got it to work?
Here is my current load order, i thing the only things that should matter is Base game "Core", then "ED-Core" then "ED-AutoLoader", don't think the order of AutoLoader is too important.

<activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
    <li>ED-DeepStrike</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-EMRG turret</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-MortarAmmo</li>
    <li>ED-OmniGel</li>
    <li>ED-PersonalShields</li>
    <li>ED-Plants24H</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>ED-Vent</li>
    <li>ED-VisibleRadius</li>
    <li>ED-WirelessPower</li>
  </activeMods>

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 18, 2015, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: pirate34 on January 18, 2015, 05:21:02 PM

Odd, as I'm running central heating and ED along side another without any hitch.
Visual glitches are a common occurrence if you don't exit and restart the client after activating mods, that might be the case.

On another note I completely removed the ED vents file from my mods folder, presumably me being on automatic mode and avoiding conflicts by having 2 mods that do basically the same thing. Maybe if you try doing the same your glitches will be solved.

It does sound like the semi regular texture bug in the base game. Is it consistently there after restarting the game and consistently not there without my mod?

Facepunch

Issue with the vents, I used them for my prison block, put a heater in 1 cell and vents in all of them, it worked great for 15 seconds. Then, rotating through my 3 cells, a heatwave of 1883C degrees torched my only prisoner, it burned her heart for gods sake. It was scary. It came back around and finished her off before I could rescue her.

Nitote

Epyk

Quote from: Facepunch on January 19, 2015, 09:45:03 AM
Issue with the vents, I used them for my prison block, put a heater in 1 cell and vents in all of them, it worked great for 15 seconds. Then, rotating through my 3 cells, a heatwave of 1883C degrees torched my only prisoner, it burned her heart for gods sake. It was scary. It came back around and finished her off before I could rescue her.

This is one of the few posts I've ever laughed at. lol  :)
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Jaxxa

Quote from: Facepunch on January 19, 2015, 09:45:03 AM

That does appear to be suboptimal.
I will work on fixing that over the next few days.
Could you please post a screenshot of your setup so I can replicate it and check fixes?

Thanks

Facepunch

Yeah, I can reproduce it, anyways. Spiked up to 2000C and briefly started a fire, didnt get a screenshot of that one, though. I did, however, got a screenshot of my cell hitting 1965C.
http://puu.sh/eKWOL/ce3fbae990.jpg
My mods:
http://puu.sh/eKX2b/029dcae0c3.jpg

Great work on everything else, though. Love the shields, although the fortress shield doesn't seem to block air drop pods, had pirates drop on me twice. Still, no issue thanks to the other shields.

On further testing, what *looks* to be happening, hard to tell because it goes by so fast, is every time the heat passes through a vent, it's doubled. So, if 20 heat is doubled twice a second, or so 20x2=40, 40x2=80, 80x2=160, 160x2=320 We're already looking at lethal temperatures in about 6 seconds. Took about an hour in-game time for this to happen to a test cell I made:
http://puu.sh/eKZ2Z/fa69abce60.jpg

Jaxxa

Quote from: Facepunch on January 19, 2015, 06:41:37 PM
Yeah, I can reproduce it, anyways. Spiked up to 2000C and briefly started a fire, didnt get a screenshot of that one, though. I did, however, got a screenshot of my cell hitting 1965C.
http://puu.sh/eKWOL/ce3fbae990.jpg
My mods:
http://puu.sh/eKX2b/029dcae0c3.jpg

Great work on everything else, though. Love the shields, although the fortress shield doesn't seem to block air drop pods, had pirates drop on me twice. Still, no issue thanks to the other shields.

Thanks,

I tried to make vents equalize the temperature instantly to simulate joining the zones, but it looks like with small rooms things like that can happen, so I will bring them down to about the cooling / heating rate of normal coolers.

Nitote

Sadly rearanging the mods did not help, might be that i have to many mods active, such a shame, it would of added some "end game" activity.

Jaxxa

Just put up a new version. Changes listed below:
Hopefully that should fix the issue with vents.
And I added a cooler that you can reverse.

-Redone vent logic
-increased stack amount for OmniGel
-Adds reverse cycle Cooler
--Identical to the standard cooler except that it can be freely rotated after being placed.

Quote from: Nitote on January 22, 2015, 11:59:10 AM
Sadly rearanging the mods did not help, might be that i have to many mods active, such a shame, it would of added some "end game" activity.

If you could post your load order xml file I will have a look at it.
Also if you could test it without any other mods active that could be helpful.