[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Khaosius789

Would it be possible to set a custom range for the shields, with a custom strength? I just watched 2 Centipedes with chainguns rip through four fortress shields... They're definitely not strong enough.

Also, 2.7k for 2k shield strength seems underpowered. Especially if you're not using nuclear or fusion mods.

Foxador

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I was using your mod with all the mods from the epic pack in the correct order and I noticed a interesting bug that happens as a result of this mod.

I was using only shields as defense and no turrets when I noticed that the enemies loved to bum rush and kill the shield generators first.  I figured the best way to stop this was to defend the shield gens by putting some walls around them and a single door to get to the shield gen. When ever I got raided, half the raiders would 'bug out' and stand outside my basing not doing anything while the other half would enter my base and die.  Mind you I have the whole base outside and enclosed off except for a single entrance and again I have no turrets just my own guys defending it. 

The first half of the enemy raiders come in and die to my own guys and the other half just stands outside doing nothing. Sometimes it's even more than half that stand around not doing anything.  I found out the problem was the shield gen being 'blocked off' even though it had a door leading to it. It seems that as long as the enemies don't have immediate access to them they go all wonky and do nothing. In the middle of a raid where I was testing it out I had one guy destroy the door leading to my shield gen and they all fixed themselves and began attacking again.  And every raid I got since then worked just fine. I even got it on video too

Hayhorse

Quote from: Foxador on February 05, 2015, 03:18:45 PM

*SNIP*

The first half of the enemy raiders come in and die to my own guys and the other half just stands outside doing nothing. Sometimes it's even more than half that stand around not doing anything.  I found out the problem was the shield gen being 'blocked off' even though it had a door leading to it. It seems that as long as the enemies don't have immediate access to them they go all wonky and do nothing. In the middle of a raid where I was testing it out I had one guy destroy the door leading to my shield gen and they all fixed themselves and began attacking again.  And every raid I got since then worked just fine. I even got it on video too

It is because they consider the shields defenses like turrets or embrasures. Some "raids" are to destroy you base while others are coming to kill (I.E. Tribals destroy the base while Mecanoids kill and destroy). If they come to destroy/wreck you colony then they will hit defenses then bum rush power, temperture controll and random objects etc.... Its just the games coding the way they attack. This should really be posted elsewhere by the way since it is a bug for them to just stand there, but doing it with a turret they might do the same. Do a test with a turret instead of a sheild in one of them on a test map and see if they do the same thing.

Moonshard

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 04, 2015, 02:59:33 PM
Quote from: seadderkrupp on January 04, 2015, 12:33:56 PM
Ground is flat and even cleared trees etc out the way just in case. Just checked the error logs and am getting an error about the offworld gate not being found.
could not find typenamed Enhanced_defence.Stargate.building_offworldStargate.
Did you deactivate the mod? If not, it may be a problem with the files.
I also love this mod because of the Stargate. Though I have one question, does it continually send resources/pawns when they are placed in the buffer?

Just to pull up an old note.

I'm having the same issue. I have made sure that the load order is correct, made sure to start from scratch and even made sure there was just the ED Mods activate, it is still showing this error to me. I've tried and failed to fix >.<. I've added two pictures to show you i have followed the guide.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jaxxa

Quote from: Moonshard on February 08, 2015, 02:31:03 AM
Just to pull up an old note.

I'm having the same issue. I have made sure that the load order is correct, made sure to start from scratch and even made sure there was just the ED Mods activate, it is still showing this error to me. I've tried and failed to fix >.<. I've added two pictures to show you i have followed the guide.

Sorry to hear that. The load order looks good.

Can you please check that you have a .dll file in "\ED-Core\Assemblies".
If not can you download the latest version from the first post on this page.
In fact even if you do have the .dll can you download it again in case something was corrupted during the download.

Quote from: Hayhorse on February 05, 2015, 09:21:15 PM
It is because they consider the shields defenses like turrets or embrasures. Some "raids" are to destroy you base while others are coming to kill (I.E. Tribals destroy the base while Mecanoids kill and destroy). If they come to destroy/wreck you colony then they will hit defenses then bum rush power, temperture controll and random objects etc.... Its just the games coding the way they attack. This should really be posted elsewhere by the way since it is a bug for them to just stand there, but doing it with a turret they might do the same. Do a test with a turret instead of a sheild in one of them on a test map and see if they do the same thing.

This sounds like what is happening. I might have to look at changing the type so they are less of a target.

Moonshard

Fraid I have tried re-downloading the .dll from two different places, here on the forums and on Nexus. So far the issue still continues.

This is the error exactly as i have seen.

Edit:

I thought i'd try something and I was right. .15 would refuse to work and errored out. HOWEVER trying .14, the mod run's fine and works perfectly with no issues.

Furthering this After managing to place down a stargate I saw two extra files in my main Rimworld folder that were not there before related to the stargate mod..

Surprise surprise this was the two files that the picture i have below showed were missing. 'Stargate.xml" and 'Stargatebackup.xml' It seems that from what i can tell, .15 expect these files to be here already when first loading the file, where .14 does not. Replacing the .14 files with the new .15 files worked flawlessly and the Mod is working 100% as intended.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jaxxa

Glad to hear you got it working eventually.
Thanks for reporting that, something strange is going on there.

Moonshard

No problems.

Hope it all helps find the issue and provides a guide for anyone else with this issue.

dareddevil7

Jaxxa

I have a few ideas that I would like to try and implement.
But I am uncertain when I will get the chance and even if I do can they actually work well.

Before some of that I will be working on updating to the new Alpha, although I don't know how long that will take.

skullywag

Hey Jaxxa, could I nick some of you shield code for a mod im working on? Ill credit obv.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

popster99

skullywag

Jaxxa

Quote from: skullywag on February 15, 2015, 08:07:58 AM
Hey Jaxxa, could I nick some of you shield code for a mod im working on? Ill credit obv.

Go for it.

skullywag