Questions about stacking - armor, bionics

Started by Panzer, October 06, 2014, 09:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

Hello guys,

I got some questions about stacking values. Does armor stack? If so, how does it stack? E.g. my guy wears a devilstrand shirt and a kevlar vest, providing 10% and 60% vs piercing attacks, is it additive (I get 70%) or do I get a double dice roll?

The other question is about bionics, I know legs and arms stack, bout what about power claws, does my guy get double damage? What happens when I arm him with club?

Spectre

Excellent question. I assume that armour stacks, but it would be nice to get some clarification.

EDIT: I'm 99% sure that bionics stack. As I was cyborging up my colonists, those with two bionic legs moved faster than those with just one.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Mikhail Reign

Cybernetics stack. Each normal eye gives 50% vision. Each cyborg eye gives (if I remember correctly) 70% vision. A normal eye and a cyborg eye gives 120% vision, and two gives 140%. The same for legs and arms (with slight different numbers for the augments). Power claws only give 45% manipulation, but with a buff to attack. Not sure about stacking armour.

Panzer

Yeah I already knew that legs and arms stack, eyes too, I wanted to know specifically about power claws.
Got two of them installed on my brawler now and it seems the damage doesnt stack, injuries caused by him still only show 16 dmg. Maybe the attack speed stacks or the hitchance, not sure about that.

Sigismonde

well, after implanted bionic arms to my brawler, it stopped attacking with his short sword and started hitting with his arm. I thought that the sword & arm stackes but it's not happening i guess ?

Rahjital

Damage doesn't stack, since you can only attack with one thing at a time. Implants deal more damage and attack faster than melee weapons, though.

Armour does stack - get a colonist a hyperthread jacket and an armour vest and they will be invulnerable to torso shots.

Panzer

Wow additive stacking with armor :D guess double dice roll would increase the load on the cpu unnecessarily. From your posts I guess double power claw yields no benefits, a pity.
Thanks for the answer!

RawCode

if (num > 0.98f)
            {
                num = 0.98f;
            }

values summed without losses and capped on 98%

JimmyAgnt007

With power armor, should we have clothing on underneath?  Not sure if its a bug or not.  It seems like it just replaces the armor slot.  So they still have an outfit on underneath.  Sure Tony Stark can wear a suit and powered armor but normally it would get in the way. 

RawCode

you can have t-shirt and pants under power armor in current alpha.

but in most lores power armor require naked body (under armor layer is integrated) or special type of jumpsuit to wear effectively.
it will be logical to impose penalty if no such jumpsuit present and disallow anything else with power armor.

ZestyLemons

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on October 07, 2014, 09:42:30 AM
With power armor, should we have clothing on underneath?  Not sure if its a bug or not.  It seems like it just replaces the armor slot.  So they still have an outfit on underneath.  Sure Tony Stark can wear a suit and powered armor but normally it would get in the way.

If you don't like it, you can always change it so that powered armor occupies all three body layers (onSkin, Middle, and Shell). That'll make it so that you can't wear anything underneath it (clothes generally occupy the onskin layer).
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Shiftyeyesshady

It's possible to wear a duster with power armor as well. Normally equipping a duster dumps the armor, but if you put on a kevlar vest, equip a duster, then put back on the power armor, you should be wearing both.

Mikhail Reign

Turns out its actually possible to wear 2 sets of power armour as well..

ZestyLemons

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on October 09, 2014, 02:01:08 PM
Turns out its actually possible to wear 2 sets of power armour as well..

This sounds like a bug, I'm gonna check it out.

Edit:

So far I've been able to wear two dusters and a armor vest. This is pretty funny, lol.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Mikhail Reign

I can't remember exactly how I did it, but it involved a duster, and I think that the power helmet had something to do with it. I noticed that he had the duster on UNDER the power armour. I'd noticed that happen a couple of times and when people changed clothes it normally fixed it. Had a spare set of power armour so I told him to go wear that. He just dropped the duster and put the second set under the first.