[MOD] (Alpha 7) Simple Medicine Craft

Started by Sallen, October 06, 2014, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sallen

What the title says. This simple mod will allow you to craft medicine from plants and cloth in a new crafting table (the chemist's lab).
I initially made this mod for my personal use, so it might be a bit rough around the edges. I figured it's good enough for a first iteration.

I've tried to balance the requirements and crafting speeds, but send my way any suggestions you have.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Iwillbenicetou

Nice, though it would be advisable to add pics. What do the workstations look like?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Vaperius

Well I am not sure if it your item or from another mod: but a research item for this it seems is not actually required to build the chemist table: On that note, you probably should increase the cost of Medicine: 20 berries and a few cloth is hardly anything.

25 Berries, 10 Cloth + 1-3 Metal [Because Surgery requires tools right?]

Also I hope you work on the quality of Chemist Lab table: It reminds me of a few Alphas ago... it sticks out: I recommend though you go function over form though and just fix the research and the recipe first though :3
I remain Vigilant.

Sallen

Quote from: Vaperius on October 07, 2014, 01:37:10 AM
Well I am not sure if it your item or from another mod: but a research item for this it seems is not actually required to build the chemist table: On that note, you probably should increase the cost of Medicine: 20 berries and a few cloth is hardly anything.

25 Berries, 10 Cloth + 1-3 Metal [Because Surgery requires tools right?]

Also I hope you work on the quality of Chemist Lab table: It reminds me of a few Alphas ago... it sticks out: I recommend though you go function over form though and just fix the research and the recipe first though :3

Will do, thanks for the advice!

Also, if anyone out there would like to help with the graphics I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Yes, the research is from my mod. I commented out the requirement but forgot to delete the research item. Sorry about that, I kind of rushed the whole thing yesterday. I will release a fix ASAP.

skullywag

Sallen check out my mod I just posted "MaterialCrops" it has all the defs and research setups youd need, pinch what you like.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sallen

Thank you very much skullywag, I will take a look!

Jdalt40

Just to let you know apparently the file is invalid. Also good job :)

harpo99999

I also received an inexpected end of file when unarchiving thdownload, but as I had downloaded a couple of days ago (apparently before the server move) I am attaching mu previous download

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

IRebel

i don't see the def is the download, and winrar says it is corrupted, just thought i'd let you know

Lemon_Lube

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 10, 2014, 05:40:30 AM
I also received an inexpected end of file when unarchiving thdownload, but as I had downloaded a couple of days ago (apparently before the server move) I am attaching mu previous download
thanks, it works fine :^)

DevinRay122

Could you possibly move it to mediafire somehow? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

exelsiar

Just so you know your mod conflicts with Bodymod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6679.15). The only effect from this conflict I have seen is being unable to perform any surgeries.
I'll leave this same message on their topic post too :)

Zeta Omega

WAIT WHAT!?! THIS MOD DOSNT WORK WITH BODY MODS? HOWS THAT POSSIBLE ITS JUST CRAFTING FOR MEDICINE!

skullywag

Recipe nurse by any chance? anything that uses medical working speed in recipes work will screw up, this mod either has to change that to crafting speed or something or stay incompatible.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ronnie0392

Can someone reupload this as it seems to be corrupted according to 7-zip