More indepth healing system

Started by pollgg12, October 06, 2014, 07:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pollgg12

-Glasses  would be used to counter things like eye damage and cataract

-Drugs would be prescribed/given to colonists who have sicknesses

Drugs and glasses  would be prescribed to colonists but there would have to be a new more complex system I.E haveing more then just med packs like: "Pills"(For sickness).
Splints(for broken/shattered bones). Gauze(for bleeding/wounds). Antiseptic(for infection). stitches/staples(for suturing). anesthetic(for surgical operations).

I have a feeling this wouldnt be to hard to pull off long maybe but not hard maybe even a skilled moder could do this if they knew how and or had the time

EDIT: The reason for this system is to have levels of severity I.E geting hit in the leg with a rock should not have the same treatment as getting your arm blow off or being burned.
And haveing levels of rarity in medical supplies like splints bandages and gauze would be easy to
make/find and stuff used for reconstructive surgery like braces and surgical staples would be harder to make/find
And on top of that it would at a nice touch of realism.

Ps: im not sure how the prescription thing is going to work better drop that part
Some people call it cannibalism i call it recycling

TheXIIILightning

I'd very much like to have separate Medical Bags. Having to use a unit to treat a bruise and another unit to treat a punctured Lung is not very efficient. Having two types of Medicine available would be amazing!
    First Aid Kit:
    • Treats superficial wounds and small ones, like cuts and bruises;
    • Can be used to treat Minor diseases

Medical Bag:

• Treats large and internal wounds
    • Can be used to treat Extreme diseases

This would quite useful, as at the moment I simply put my Medicine off-limits whenever  colonist get sick and I have no injured to tend to.

Varnhagen

I think it's going that way, lest the current limb-HP system would be way overkill. Why the need to have 70sth organs modeled and tracked when there's only a few broadstroke replacements tied into it?

Mikhail Reign

A medical bag that was held in a weapon slot would be awesome. Being able to have a dedicated medic, who could perform battlefield triage would be a step in the right direction. Maybe not able to perform surgery, but defiantly something in the vein of stopping the bleeding on major damage so my colonist could get back into the fight.

Would mean that I would be able to worry a little less about my colonists in combat, and utilize them more.

Mathenaut

I'd, frankly, prefer a way to create medical supplies.

pollgg12

EDIT: The reason for this system is to have levels of severity I.E geting hit in the leg with a rock should not have the same treatment as getting your arm blow off or being burned.
And haveing levels of rarity in medical supplies like splints bandages and gauze would be easy to
make/find and stuff used for reconstructive surgery like braces and surgical staples would be harder to make/find
And on top of that it would at a nice touch of realism.

pollgg12

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on October 06, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
A medical bag that was held in a weapon slot would be awesome. Being able to have a dedicated medic, who could perform battlefield triage would be a step in the right direction. Maybe not able to perform surgery, but defiantly something in the vein of stopping the bleeding on major damage so my colonist could get back into the fight.

Would mean that I would be able to worry a little less about my colonists in combat, and utilize them more.
You all ready can do that.
-place a sleeping spot (in cover) and make it for medical
-drag hurt colonist there (the AI will pick the closest spot)
-Heal them and not get shot
Im not sure if there is a way to put stuff in you colonists inventory because i was thinking you could just but a med pack in there

Kagemusha

+a million to different tiers of medical treatment materials.
Really annoying feel the need to micromanage my medical supplies so that I don't waste a whole unit on some tiny wound.

Plasters, bandages, first aid kits, medical supplies. A tier system would be nice.

An elegant solution might be giving the medical supplies a hitpoint value that is expended on use. A skilled doctor would waste less supplies and a bruise would cost 1 of the 100 HP whilst a pierced lung might require more than 100.

pollgg12

Quote from: Kagemusha on October 06, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
+a million to different tiers of medical treatment materials.
Really annoying feel the need to micromanage my medical supplies so that I don't waste a whole unit on some tiny wound.

Plasters, bandages, first aid kits, medical supplies. A tier system would be nice.

An elegant solution might be giving the medical supplies a hitpoint value that is expended on use. A skilled doctor would waste less supplies and a bruise would cost 1 of the 100 HP whilst a pierced lung might require more than 100.

Ok that's fine to

ComradeCrimson

The way I see it medicine/medikits represent all of this- but I agree there should be different ones less so for "realism" and more for practical efficiency. So here's what I say- different levels or tiers of medikits, small, medium, large. Small would just be your typical first aid kit complete with gauze, bandages, linen wraps, disinfectant, scissors, maybe pliers and some other small tools and cotton to soak up blood. Maybe splints too, but its not hard to make a splint from almost anything. Minor wounds, cuts, scrapes, bruises, fractures and minor burns, that sort of thing.

Medium kits would (and this is all description wise) have more advanced tools like scalpels, saws, painkillers, antibiotics, proper crafted splints, and more of every material and more tools. Deeper cuts, bullet wounds, severe bruising, maybe a broken bone/limb, moderate burns.

Large medikits would be like a doctors bag worth of stuff and would have loads of different things available to treat colonists and would be something used to treat serious wounds, like lost limbs, open heart surgery, severe blood loss, cardiac shock, major breaks/multiple broken bones, failing organs, that sort of thing.

That way the system is kept simple but still gives you a better degree of imagination and immersion then just a single medikit- as well as a means to streamline your medical supplies efficiently.
My Voice Acting library/samples:
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson
I am a voice actor for various mods like Rise of the Reds for Generals Zero Hour. Contact me via email if you need my services.

ShadowTani

Quote from: ComradeCrimson on October 06, 2014, 10:55:37 PM
The way I see it medicine/medikits represent all of this- but I agree there should be different ones less so for "realism" and more for practical efficiency. So here's what I say- different levels or tiers of medikits, small, medium, large.

- snip -

That way the system is kept simple but still gives you a better degree of imagination and immersion then just a single medikit- as well as a means to streamline your medical supplies efficiently.

+1 to this. Would be even more interesting if the larger medikits, if used on a lower tier wound (i.e. when lacking a smaller one) wouldn't consume the kit completely, but instead lower its size. For example, if using a large medikit on a minor wound would make that medikit drop to a medium sized medikit.