Assigning beds?

Started by Sundaysmile, November 06, 2013, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundaysmile

I'd like to see a simple means of assigning ownership of certain items to particular colonists. 

When I build hydroponic's areas, I'd like my Oafs living close by so they don't have to trek through a maze of tunnels to get there.
I'd like my Commissar's, Space Marines and Pirates living close by the outer perimeter for when things start to get hairy. 

At present, colonists just claim whatever rooms they feel like, and I know it's possible to "move" colonists around simply by creating new rooms and demolishing owned beds, but I figured assigning the bed in the first place would just be less of a hassle. 
And hey, it could also open up further options for other items colonists might want to possess.  Weapons, trinkets, trophies of fallen enemies that sort of thing. 

Wopian

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

CyborgTriceratops

I support this idea, and the trinkets and such other enemies can hoarde.

I think it'd be pretty neat if your Nobles could demand a bigger living area with more amenities to decorate their section with.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: CyborgTriceratops on November 06, 2013, 10:31:18 AMI support this idea, and the trinkets and such other enemies can hoarde.

I think it'd be pretty neat if your Nobles could demand a bigger living area with more amenities to decorate their section with.

Which you could respond to in the very Dwarven way, of course, by walling the sonofabitch in while he's asleep.

That said, I very much do wish I could assign beds.
Raiders must die!

CyborgTriceratops

I did get the idea from Dwarf Fortress, but all my dwarves always died way before a noble even had my fortress pop up on the "Avoid this area" list.  That game's controls are way to hard to master.