[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topper

Is there an update in the works itchy?

Dave-In-Texas

I'm addicted to this mod, almost as much as EDB's prepare carefully..

so while it was still in testing I hacked together this..  i post it for your perusal, its not my work; i just adapted it.

The various items are gated behind various research topics. Since the tools are built at vanilla tables: Smithy for the tools, Machining for the tool belts - you need to research these first.

I created a new research topic 'advanced tool construction' that opens up the advanced versions of these tools.

the low tech versions are made from stuff, the advanced versions are not.

edit:   more learning for me.. have to define a thingcategory or they don't wear it as part of an outfit.  if anyone is interested, the attachment has been updated.     Of course I can't wait to see what kind of official update we get :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Topper on April 10, 2016, 12:52:10 AM
If I manage to stop myself from playing Factorio for 5 minutes I'll be able to update my mods including this one.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 10, 2016, 07:08:59 AM
If I manage to stop myself from playing Factorio for 5 minutes I'll be able to update my mods including this one.

I'm sure your thing is automated enough for now! leave it on the background while you update :P chopchop

Fukara

Hassie

What did Alpha 13 change that stops this from working? It was probably something minor, as the mod still works in the game, you can build the tool bench, but no one seems willing to sit down and do the work itself.

hwoo

Yet another hidden gem of a mod by you I didn't realise existed. I'll await the update eagerly 😊

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Hassie on April 15, 2016, 02:14:05 PM
What did Alpha 13 change that stops this from working? It was probably something minor, as the mod still works in the game, you can build the tool bench, but no one seems willing to sit down and do the work itself.
How workbench's get used got changed, so that's probably what's broken. If that's all that's broken, then I'll be able to update this quickly after I get home from work today. If not... then maybe no update this weekend.

Quote from: Shinzy on April 10, 2016, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 10, 2016, 07:08:59 AM

I'm sure your thing is automated enough for now! leave it on the background while you update :P chopchop
Yes boss. :P
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

falcongrey

Quote from: hwoo on April 15, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
Yet another hidden gem of a mod by you I didn't realise existed. I'll await the update eagerly 😊

Always worth waiting for Itchy. <3 And yes, gem of a mod!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

ItchyFlea

I think I may have accidentally updated the mod to work in Alpha 13.
Totally did not mean to do it. Complete accident. Honest. :P

But in all seriousness, the mod's been updated and I gave it a quick test run. Seems to be working fine now. If you were trying to play the game with the A12 version of this mod, you'll need to start a new colony. Several things have changed that would likely cause this to be incompatible with that colony.

Zeta Omega

Odd idea for a new tool... Do you know that the "Man Opener" is from the Fallout franchise?

Fukara

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 16, 2016, 01:22:09 AM
I think I may have accidentally updated the mod to work in Alpha 13.
Totally did not mean to do it. Complete accident. Honest. :P

But in all seriousness, the mod's been updated and I gave it a quick test run. Seems to be working fine now. If you were trying to play the game with the A12 version of this mod, you'll need to start a new colony. Several things have changed that would likely cause this to be incompatible with that colony.

Thank you for update !

Ghizmo

Is it possible to have these tools placed in the inventory, rather then equipped as a weapon?
Or would the work modifier not apply in that situation?

harpo99999

if the tools are made in to a 'toolbelt' or 'advanced toolbelt' then they effectively are in the inventory

falcongrey

Thanks Itchy! Just noticed it was updated! lol!  ::)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.