[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

I'm having a problem with this mod and EPOE. It appears to me that when I install advanced bionic arms I can't wear toolbelt anymore. There's a way that I could "wear" toolbelt without any original body part or add the bonus <WorkSpeedGlobal>1.7</WorkSpeedGlobal> to AdvancedBionicArm? (I tried and didn't work).

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dingo

That's EPOE's problem. It stems from EPOE changing the body type of humanlikes, so your "arm" is really just a shoulder (if I remember correctly).

kaptain_kavern

Correct. At least to me. But it's not EPOE features, but Vanilla AFAIK.

It works the same for legs, if you put a peg leg/bionic leg, then the game consider all "natural" organs composing the limb, removed. You can confirm/see this with dev mode

It is the same for arm.

ItchyFlea

It's how I implemented the toolbelts. Colonists wear them on their hands. I did it that way so that a colonist should still wear shirts and armour.
I don't know when (or if) I'll fix this, since I want colonists to continue to be able to wear the other things as well as the belt, and there just isn't really anywhere else I can place the belt.

Perhaps you could consider it a tradeoff. Bionic arms or toolbelt, not both. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

garfu

It's extremely simple to go into the mods ThingDefs and edit where the toolbelt is located.

Use this for reference: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Clothing_Layers

Also Accessory is a slot that can be used, like OnSkin, Shell, etc.

You can theoretically have 4 things on every single body part if they were all made compatible... That's what I did

edit: also a good fix for that specific issue is to edit the hands and feet in EPOE to have the same bonuses as the arms and legs, and then only use bionic hands and feet, while setting the toolbelts to only cover arms and not hands. Can't remember if it's already like that since all of my stuff is edited.

lc-soz

Quote from: garfu on October 30, 2016, 01:08:11 AM
edit the hands and feet in EPOE to have the same bonuses as the arms and legs, and then only use bionic hands and feet, while setting the toolbelts to only cover arms and not hands.

Very good tip, will use it in my next save, thank you.

kaptain_kavern, I didn't know about that option, thank you.

lc-soz

Quote from: garfu on October 30, 2016, 01:08:11 AM
[...] while setting the toolbelts to only cover arms and not hands [...]

That would turn impossible to use jacket or button-down shirt. Just put both toolbelt to eyes.

Thundercraft

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 30, 2016, 12:04:13 AM
It's how I implemented the toolbelts. Colonists wear them on their hands. I did it that way so that a colonist should still wear shirts and armour.
I don't know when (or if) I'll fix this, since I want colonists to continue to be able to wear the other things as well as the belt, and there just isn't really anywhere else I can place the belt.

There's one solution that should satisfy both camps and allow either option:
Just have two different versions, one that fits the hands (or arms) and a separate type that fits the torso.

Another words: Why not add two new craftable items: Toolvest and Advanced Toolvest? These would require the same resources as their toolbelt counterparts. Though, instead of fitting on the Middle layer, perhaps it should fit on the Shell layer? That way, a character could also wear an Armor Vest underneath?

Topper

Umbrador

Quote from: Topper on December 18, 2016, 05:16:38 AM
will this be ready for a16?

It works fine on A16 as far as i can see. Just open About.xml in any text editor and edit this string:
  <targetVersion>0.15.1279</targetVersion>
to
  <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion>

14m1337

so these tools do not have to have a <mass> added ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Arigitine

You just have change to  <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion> in about.xml in about file and add <Mass>3.0</Mass> to <statBases> group for each item in tool.xml in thingdefs file

Thundercraft

Right Tool Rebalanced is a heavily modified version of RTFTJ. It's my attempt at a rebalance and an A16 update. I researched the real-world weight of tools, recalculated market values, changed the ingredients, fixed an issue, etc.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Arigitine on December 30, 2016, 11:37:10 PM
You just have change to  <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion> in about.xml in about file and add <Mass>3.0</Mass> to <statBases> group for each item in tool.xml in thingdefs file

Seems tedious, why isn't this simply updated then if it's so easy?

filippe999