[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topper

Would someone mind updating this interesting tool mod for a17?

Sixdd

I got ya. This is the Rebalanced version, I found it a week ago or so. I just updated the xml so all credit goes to the original author ItchyFlea and also Thundercraft for making the Rebalanced version. If either of you want this removed just let me know.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Topper

Sixdd

No problem, just let me know if you come across any bugs and I'll do what I can to fix them.

The1Grenade

@Sixdd, I grabbed your version and finally got around to crafting some tools. Unfortunately, I am seeing my crafter get stuck trying to build the Chainsaw. They appear to lose their progress bar and won't stop to eat or anything - I have to draft/undraft to unlock them from their (unforced) work task.
I'm not sure if this is intended, but the ingredients remain visible on the bench so if I interrupt their work (to have them go eat) then the assumed work done up to that point is lost. This is a big deal with the Plasteel tools since they seem to have a massive work requirement now (900+).
I know for other crafting items (statues, weapons, etc) the ingredients turn into a work project object which has a work amount that gets chipped away at - is something like this possible as a resolution to this issue? The only foreseeable concern would be to ensure that task cancellation results in proper ingredient retrieval.

Sixdd

Yeah there is a way to do this in the vanilla game so it is planned to be done, I just haven't got around to it yet. By this I mean the "unfinished item" objects. As far as someone standing there and not eating or working I have not seen that myself but I'll double check just to make sure.

The1Grenade

I verified it again. The crafter goes to work, the progress bar is visible, they are able to get up to around 1/3 done before they become urgently hungry - then the progress bar vanishes and they are stuck requiring my divine intervention.
I have quite a few mods in the mix, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interference, but it would take a lot of time to narrow down the conflicting culprit. Hopefully that "unfinished item" can function as a short-term workaround, but for now I'll have to apply a little more divine intervention to get through this.
Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for your help!

Dellamorte

I had pawns stuck at jobs and then I noticed that some of the equipment they had equipped had a minus t global work sped, make you may want to take a look at that first.