[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Description:
This mod adds 3 types of tools to the game to speed up specific areas of a colonists work speed. Pickaxes to make a colonist mine faster, Axes to make a colonist chop down trees faster, and Hammers to make colonists build faster. There are advanced versions of these 3 tools that further increase the speed at which a colonist completes those tasks. (Drill, Chainsaw, Autohammer)
Normal tools increase the colonists efficiency by 20%
Auto tools increase the colonists efficiency by 150%

There are also 2 types of "clothing" that increase a colonists global work speed.
The toolbelt gives a 30% increase to global work speed.
The advanced toolbelt gives 170% increase to global work speed.

The normal tools are made from 10 metal and 1 wood. The advanced ones are made from 75 plasteel.
The toolbelt and advanced toolbelt are made from the 3 tools of their type. (Normal or Advanced.)

These are all made at the 'Tool Construction Table'.

All tools and the toolbelts can be traded with traders for what I hope are appropriate prices.

Mod Team:
Download:

Alpha 10 versions have been made.

Screenshot:

Thanks to Shinzy for this screenshot. Clothes are from the Apparello mod

Other Versions:
Changelog:
v1.16:
  • Updated to Alpha 15
v1.15b:
  • Made mod more friendly for users of FluffyTabs
v1.15 (A14):
  • Updated to Alpha 14 and uploaded to Steam Workshop
  • Tribal raiders should not bring industrial-age tools with them when raiding
v1.15:
  • Updated to Alpha 13
v1.14:
  • Updated to Alpha 12
v1.13:
  • Updated to Alpha 11.
  • Re-added the ability for visitors/raiders to come with tools equipped as weapons.
v1.12:
  • Bugfix.
v1.11:
  • Updated the mod to Alpha 9.
v1.1:
  • Updated the mod to Alpha 8.
v1.0:
  • Added the rest of Shinzy's textures to the mod.
  • Adjusted the prices of tools to better reflect the cost of their constituent parts.
v0.91:
  • Added Shinzy's textures to the mod.
  • Lowered the boost tools give to colonist stats to make the early game tools a bit more balanced.
  • Adjusted angle so that colonists now appear to hit enemies with the tool head, instead of the tool handle.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Aoderic

I was just playing and thinking about why the colonists did not have any tools, now they have, Great!

skullywag

all I can think of when I see "autohammer" is the hammer Homer makes in the Simpsons.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LORDPrometheus

So do the tools work like weapons or did you create a new mechanic. Because the last thing I want is to have a group of mechenoids drop on a bunch of guys with axes.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: LORDPrometheus on October 07, 2014, 12:45:13 PM
So do the tools work like weapons or did you create a new mechanic. Because the last thing I want is to have a group of mechenoids drop on a bunch of guys with axes.
The tools currently work like weapons (and can be used as melee weapons), but the toolbelt (made from 3 tools) is something that can be worn, so weapons can be held while wearing it. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

sylink

The archive appears to be corrupted on download ?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: sylink on October 07, 2014, 05:38:49 PM
The archive appears to be corrupted on download ?
I've reuploaded it. Should be fine now.
Probably broken during the website migration.

Iwillbenicetou

Hey ItchyFlea, you should make a modpack with all the mods you have ever made, would be fun to see.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

TheClassiness

Can you upload the graphics for the tools? This mod is really awesome and it would definitely be helpful, but if the graphics look like crap I'm not going to download it. xD

Shinzy

Quote from: TheClassiness on October 08, 2014, 10:01:28 PM
Can you upload the graphics for the tools? This mod is really awesome and it would definitely be helpful, but if the graphics look like crap I'm not going to download it. xD

If the textures are dealbreaker for you, You can use mine!

with complete disregard to how Itchy wanted the tools to look like officially =P
I made these for my own use.. But sharing is caring I guess!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Shinzy on October 09, 2014, 06:58:04 AM
-snip-
Can I include those in the mod? My textures are crap, as I can't draw my way out of a paper bag. :(
But I can claw my way out. :P

Also, new version coming out tomorrow sometime, as these are currently far to OP for their cost.

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 09, 2014, 07:01:23 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 09, 2014, 06:58:04 AM
-snip-
Can I include those in the mod? My textures are crap, as I can't draw my way out of a paper bag. :(
But I can claw my way out. :P

Also, new version coming out tomorrow sometime, as these are currently far to OP for their cost.
Ofc you can! I thought you'd maybe had someone already making textures for them but this works ;D

And you heard it here first everyone!
if you're trying to kidnap itchy, use sturdier bags, okay? okay!

Oh oh! while you're at it, could you adjust the angles on how they hold the tools?
they look really silly in combat =P
pickaxe and axe are both embedded in their face half the time and they insist on poking enemies with the handle while using hammers
I mean I don't judge them but.. as having studied carpentry I can tell it's not the most convenient way of doing it

harpo99999

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on October 07, 2014, 08:42:12 PM
Hey ItchyFlea, you should make a modpack with all the mods you have ever made, would be fun to see.
I also would like to have a itchyflea scratchpack

JuliaEllie

You Shinzy are the texture hero of the modding community. Ive seen you many times helping out with extures without beeing asked for.