[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john pretzel

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 09, 2014, 07:26:56 AM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on October 07, 2014, 08:42:12 PM
Hey ItchyFlea, you should make a modpack with all the mods you have ever made, would be fun to see.
I also would like to have a itchyflea scratchpack

I subscribe this. Thanks for the mods Itchyflea  :D

Grynnreaper

I'm getting red boxes instead of tool graphics and when I went to build the bench I got a red box that I couldn't cancel and had to force quit the game. Any idea what I did wrong?

Grynnreaper

to be clear I can use the tools, various people show up with them ( and excess limbs and organs hehe) like 7 adv toolbelts fell out of the sky and I love them but can't build the tool bench. also there is no texture for the bench in the tex folder that I could see. this is pastebin of my output log http://pastebin.com/BsXPpY5H

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Grynnreaper on January 03, 2015, 12:04:58 AM
to be clear I can use the tools, various people show up with them ( and excess limbs and organs hehe) like 7 adv toolbelts fell out of the sky and I love them but can't build the tool bench. also there is no texture for the bench in the tex folder that I could see. this is pastebin of my output log http://pastebin.com/BsXPpY5H
Probably caused by the outdated mod/s that you are using on conjunction with this mod. I highly suggest double checking that the mods you're using were made for Alpha 8.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Grynnreaper

fresh install of the game, well the worst that happens is I wait for next update and keep hoping people bring me more tools lol, I can't go back to no toolbelts now man! I can't! lol
Great bunch of mods you made btw

Grynnreaper

yeah the only folder in the textures folder is tools

the graphicpath references a file structure that does not exist in the mod's folder. Is this looking outside the mod's folder?
<graphicPathSingle>Things/Building/Production/TableMachining</graphicPathSingle>

is there supposed to be a folder for Things?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Grynnreaper on January 03, 2015, 08:48:38 PM
yeah the only folder in the textures folder is tools

the graphicpath references a file structure that does not exist in the mod's folder. Is this looking outside the mod's folder?
<graphicPathSingle>Things/Building/Production/TableMachining</graphicPathSingle>

is there supposed to be a folder for Things?
No. The tool making table is using the graphics for the Machine table, which are in that location.

The game thinks you are using an old version of a mod. I remember someone else had this type of issue. Tynan said it was caused by installing a new version of the game over the top of an old version.
So I suggest completely removing the game folder and extracting a fresh copy from the zip.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

StorymasterQ

Sorry for being OT, but I just noticed this topic's ID is 6666. Then again, I'm not surprised that it was Itchy who created it, him being a Basement Cat and all.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 12, 2015, 03:49:38 AM
Sorry for being OT, but I just noticed this topic's ID is 6666. Then again, I'm not surprised that it was Itchy who created it, him being a Basement Cat and all.
It's at time's like this I need an evil grin smiley.

ItchyFlea

Rathael

Getting this error when trying to generate a new world.

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueUnfinalized (StatRequest req, Boolean applyPostProcess) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (StatRequest req, Boolean applyPostProcess) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueAbstract (Verse.EntityDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValueAbstract (Verse.EntityDef def, RimWorld.StatDef stat, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.IsDerpWeapon (Verse.ThingDef thing, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThingStuffPair.get_Commonality () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.<TryGenerateWeaponFor>m__F0 (ThingStuffPair w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`2<RimWorld.ThingStuffPair, single>:invoke_single__this___ThingStuffPair (RimWorld.ThingStuffPair)
  at Verse.GenCollection.RandomElementByWeight[ThingStuffPair] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 weightSelector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.TryGenerateWeaponFor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef kindDef, RimWorld.Faction faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator+<GenerateFactionsForNewWorld>c__Iterator6A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.GenerateAndReview () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DialogUtility.DoNextBackButtons (Rect winRect, System.String nextLabel, System.Action nextAct, System.Action backAct) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.FillWindow (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Layer.DoWindowContents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Rathael on February 19, 2015, 02:52:56 PM
-snip-

What the hell...?
I'm seeing that too with just this mod running.

While I try to figure this out, generate the world with this mod disabled. Then enable this mod before starting your colony.

Rathael

Will do. It might be from trying to spawn items in the people in cryo-caskets. I've noticed some mods that add implants will sometimes throw errors on starting a new colony from things like Leg, Arm, heart, etc parts. (that was in a8 though and the game still ran fine.)

ItchyFlea

I found the cause, and the solution.
Unfortunately the solution ruins how this mod works, and as such I am not going to fix it. In the mean-time, generate a new world before activating this mod.

EDIT: I'll clarify that the cause is due to a bug in the game, not the mod itself. The only affected part of the game is world generation. Normal gameplay is not affected. Fixing the issue that causes the world generation to fail will break the balancing of the mod.

Zhadum

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 19, 2015, 05:05:17 PM
I found the cause, and the solution.
Unfortunately the solution ruins how this mod works, and as such I am not going to fix it. In the mean-time, generate a new world before activating this mod.

EDIT: I'll clarify that the cause is due to a bug in the game, not the mod itself. The only affected part of the game is world generation. Normal gameplay is not affected. Fixing the issue that causes the world generation to fail will break the balancing of the mod.

I just spent several annoying minutes adding and removing mods to finally figure out that it was yours that was causing that issue.
Thanks for clarifying here that it will work and how to work around it.
Tip: Add this info to first page!