[W|0.7.583] Pawns shooting through walls?

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 07, 2014, 04:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

No joke.  My colonists were taking cover behind an unclaimed stone wall and out of LoS.  Or at least, what I thought was out of line of sight, because pila to the chest.  Ouch.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce it, of course. :P

RemingtonRyder

Okay, been able to reproduce what I think is happening.  Though not very well.  Arguably it may be judged an animation bug.

Step 1: The initial scenario - colonist is on the other side of an unclaimed wall from the tribal with the pila.

Step 2: The tribal takes position at the far side of the wall to flank the colonist.

Step 3: The colonist takes up position on the other side of the wall, breaking LoS from the tribal's shooting position, and when he starts to line up another shot, moves to the original side of the wall that she started on.

Step 4: The pila in flight, phasing through the wall.  That looks pointy.  Oh well, it's for science.

Step 5: The colonist takes damage.  I think they might need a medic.

So, like I said, probably an animation bug, but good to know if it is.

Also, for some strange reason the colonist's hair and clothes turn grey when face-on.  Beats me what's going on there!

Damien Hart

I tested this myself, using different weapons, and it's not limited to tribals. You should probably change your subject to 'pawns' instead of 'tribals'.