[MOD] (Alpha 7) More Hydroponics Basins 1.1

Started by AHare, October 07, 2014, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

Nothing fancy, I just like options. Adds three extra hydroponics basin sizes at 1x1, 1x2, and 1x3.
UPDATE: Added three extra, at 2x2, 2x3, and 2x4.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

hanzie

Oh, these aren't mere options, mate. These are blessings, indeed.
Thanks!

Kulverstukass

Newly built colony wasn't having that perfectionist-style shaped rooms as usual and empty tiles at hydroponics-garden sort of irritated me, but then i've remembered, there is a modular-style wide choice of basins, whether they are blessed for sure!
QuoteI just like options
I like them too, how about 2x4 for less management at construction stage as well as at managing crops? I do believe building 2 basins side-by-side nearly to default design.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

AHare

Kulverstukass

Oh my, it's time to rebuild hydroponics department, thanks!

notice: 2x2, 2x3 & 2x4 descriptions says it's 1x3.
Required work for 2x4 - "1" obviously misplaced.

AHare

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 13, 2014, 12:27:58 PM
Oh my, it's time to rebuild hydroponics department, thanks!

notice: 2x2, 2x3 & 2x4 descriptions says it's 1x3.
Oh, I knew I missed something. Will fix it later, after sleep.

NetBlaise

You guys have any new in game layouts using this build? Been playing around with it to find the best layout with this mod..  I wish the light bulb had a greater range..  Great Idea for a mod

Igabod

Quote from: NetBlaise on October 23, 2014, 01:57:22 AM
You guys have any new in game layouts using this build? Been playing around with it to find the best layout with this mod..  I wish the light bulb had a greater range..  Great Idea for a mod

I agree, that is a good idea for a mod. I might add it in to my lamps mod if there isn't anything too difficult (like hardcoded usage of only the one sun lamp or something, I don't want to replace the vanilla lamp, just add a new one with higher range.) I'll give it a look after I finish waking up.

[edit to add] And done. It was a little more complicated getting the radius to change than I expected but I got it to work. I put it behind a research topic and just used the same texture as the basic ones. I may update with a new texture at some point soon. If you wanna check it out then click the green link in my signature.

Minus

Quote from: Igabod on October 23, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
I agree, that is a good idea for a mod. I might add it in to my lamps mod if there isn't anything too difficult (like hardcoded usage of only the one sun lamp or something, I don't want to replace the vanilla lamp, just add a new one with higher range.) I'll give it a look after I finish waking up.

[edit to add] And done. It was a little more complicated getting the radius to change than I expected but I got it to work. I put it behind a research topic and just used the same texture as the basic ones. I may update with a new texture at some point soon. If you wanna check it out then click the green link in my signature.
A better sunlamp was my first ever mod. But I find that the vanilla ones still do okay. Infact I can use a lot less of them thanks to this mod allowing for some very efficient positions. Though sunlamps in general are of little use without a mod to allow growth at night. Don't suppose such a mod exists does it? That's all I'm missing.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Igabod

Quote from: Minus on October 23, 2014, 12:25:14 PM
A better sunlamp was my first ever mod. But I find that the vanilla ones still do okay. Infact I can use a lot less of them thanks to this mod allowing for some very efficient positions. Though sunlamps in general are of little use without a mod to allow growth at night. Don't suppose such a mod exists does it? That's all I'm missing.

I haven't found any that change the night time growing thing. But I've found that hydroponics is an absolute necessity in some desert biome maps. I played one the other night that had absolutely no soil anywhere except in patches of 1x2 or 1x1. I hate using fert pumps cause they are so expensive and only do a small area at a time so it's a lot of micro-management just to make a decent sized growing field with them. I ended up digging into a large hill and building a hydroponics lab in there just so I could have enough food. Eventually I grew to the point where I had to use fert pumps and make a large area outside, but would never have made it without the hydroponics lab.

DracoGriffin

Looks like the zip file is missing from OP.

Let others enjoy your work again!
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Kulverstukass

I have A71.1_MoreHydroponics.zip from "13 ‎october ‎2014 ‎y., ‏‎20:22:35" - here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Quote from: DracoGriffin on November 01, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Looks like the zip file is missing from OP.

Let others enjoy your work again!

Its in the orange download link, not attached.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

john pretzel

This would be nice to see again in alpha 8  ;)