[MOD] (Alpha 7) MaterialCrops - Grow stuff and things

Started by skullywag, October 07, 2014, 09:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Further updated the textures, added a few new items to compliment the slighty more indepth crafting process. The Recipes image above should make sense of it. If not ask.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Der Failer

I really like you mod, but  I've encountered the problem that my colonist are still creating although they are starving to death. I think (didn't test it yet) this is because you're using MedicalOperationSpeed for the workSpeedStat in some recipes. I guess it makes sense to prioritize operations over food and sleep, at least to some degree.
Anyway you maybe wanna do something about this.

skullywag

skullywag

Updated and changed work types to crafting, changed relevant skill experience gain as well. Sucks that the core system for self preservation is so lacking.

Oga88

nice mod i like it but it is over powered. you can make a lot of money pretty fast ;) med kits are fine, but gold is pretty chip. and i got a bug, its like my colonist wont eat or sleep until they use up all the resource, so they go chaotic :o and the colonist take made resource to the free storage, I think it would better if they just drop them on the floor.

skullywag

I need to rebalance the times/amounts as stated I'm after feedback so thanks.

Redownload the mod I fixed the not eating issue by setting it all to crafting job type not doctor for some reason that job type overrides everything even self preservation.

MisterLock

I know you did say this mod is made as a side thing for mining...But in my opinion?Im really not getting my bang for the buck...I takes planting,processing then finally doing another step to turn one resource into the metal type.Now i wouldn't mind this to much,but when this basically takes so much manpower and workforce(growing) for just 1 measly metal/gold/silver/whatever,I really feel like it's unbalanced,I have to keep my colonists focused on this solely to get even 30 iron,which in my modded games are not even enough for some of the more expensive things,like a MAI or maybe one of those Better Turrets.I am also experiencing the colonists starving/depriving themselvs from sleep bug from this mod,It's like they are just hypnotized by those crafting stations,I lost 2 medium colonists from this,just because the dumbasses wouldn't eat when they were crafting

I really hope you take over the initial Ironweed mod and Redo it,I said this before and I will say it again,making a new version that covers metal,gold and plasteel of the initial Ironweed mod would be amazing,ofc you would not get like 6 metal from one plant per harvest(since you have no crafting involved like in this mod)but 1-2 metal/gold/etc per plant would be fine.

Until further balance I really want you to consider doing this Ironweed redo,because honestly,this is really really out of balance.
To each his own.

skullywag

Have you redownloaded recently to see if it fixes the starving bug?

Not the way I expected the feedback to go, I feel a plant dropping metal/gold directly is cheaty so no I wont be redoing the ironweed mod past what I've already done. It would take someone about 10 minutes to copy paste the defs in the mod and change the material dropped.

In terms of the rest of your feedback ill take it under advisement and wait till I have more feedback.

Oga88

Quote from: MisterLock on October 10, 2014, 03:26:48 PM
I know you did say this mod is made as a side thing for mining...But in my opinion?Im really not getting my bang for the buck...I takes planting,processing then finally doing another step to turn one resource into the metal type.Now i wouldn't mind this to much,but when this basically takes so much manpower and workforce(growing) for just 1 measly metal/gold/silver/whatever,I really feel like it's unbalanced,I have to keep my colonists focused on this solely to get even 30 iron,which in my modded games are not even enough for some of the more expensive things,like a MAI or maybe one of those Better Turrets.I am also experiencing the colonists starving/depriving themselvs from sleep bug from this mod,It's like they are just hypnotized by those crafting stations,I lost 2 medium colonists from this,just because the dumbasses wouldn't eat when they were crafting

I really hope you take over the initial Ironweed mod and Redo it,I said this before and I will say it again,making a new version that covers metal,gold and plasteel of the initial Ironweed mod would be amazing,ofc you would not get like 6 metal from one plant per harvest(since you have no crafting involved like in this mod)but 1-2 metal/gold/etc per plant would be fine.

Until further balance I really want you to consider doing this Ironweed redo,because honestly,this is really really out of balance.

why dont you just make gold or med kits sell them and buy metal

MisterLock

Quote from: Oga88 on October 11, 2014, 03:54:46 AM
Quote from: MisterLock on October 10, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

why dont you just make gold or med kits sell them and buy metal

I kinda got this mod thinking it would be a improved/balanced alternative to Ironweed,I liked/didn't really like Ironweed,The amount of metal you got for putting basically almost no work into it except harvesting it and planting it really was broken.I understand Skully wanted to make a Legit method of getting resources that doesn't replace the other method's like traders and mining,but this is really underpowered.

The thing is with Gold,I personally don't seem to get the amount of money of it you seem to be getting(I assume this since you did write why I don't just make gold and sell it) to be worth selling to a trader.As for the Medicine,I didn't get the mod for the Medicine part,I already use apothecarius mod and I am happy creating medkits that way,Seems like crafting aspiring to get 1 medkit would suck compared to putting 3 herbs in a crafting station and getting a medkit that way.I also don't want to sell any medkits,when a colony gets to a size of around 21 colonists,your bound to have a raid that will heavily impact your colonists,so your going to need so much medkits it's not a joke,so selling medkits is a no go,I am just stockpiling them for dark days.

Once again I Understand Skully needs to do some more balancing on this mod/it's unfinished,and bear in mind all I am saying is constructive criticism(I think).
To each his own.

gamy

it looks interestings but it seems to be in conflict with the stove. i have 3 cookers and they give priority to press,centrifuge and chemistry so my colony starves. Even if i check on the character skill only cook, they always go on press, centrifuge, chemistry at first, and nobody is on the stove. i suppose i should have more cookers but it's not convenient nor possible with the size of my colony.
consequently, i cannot play correctly with the mod at this moment

skullywag

Gamy have you downloaded recently. Originally the mod was set to use cook on the press, I think I changed all of them to crafting recently but ill double check.

gamy

i downloaded Rimworld-Mods-master.zip on the 9 october.
i  can redownload and try to see if it changes.

skullywag

so I've noticed a few things gold and silver are multiplied by a larger amount when calculating "stuff" l. By this I mean something that costs 150 wood or metal seems to cost 3000 gold/silver in the core game. I'm gonna try upping the amounts slightly across the board but silver and gold will get a larger buff than metal. Ill post here when I'm done, it'll probably be tonight.

Again I need feedback to balance this, I am aware that these chains are intensive and take your colonists out of action for a while so also I'm going to up the amounts of ingredients needed and the resulting materials produced, the result should mean less colonists working all the time but the same output level.

shadowstreaker

Don't give silver a larger buff, since it's the currency it should still come mainly from trade rather than this method, in my opinion