(Alpha 7) Sooner535's Weapon Pack V0.5B (Updated with dual wield!)

Started by Sooner535, October 07, 2014, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sooner535

Hello and Welcome to Sooner535's Weapon Pack

What does it do?:
This mod tries to change how combat with firearms and melee works by replacing some of the vanilla items and giving them a redo, the initial 1.0 release covers mostly the firearms and adds a few tweaks here and there to others. Including adding tools and a special OP weapon.

Item List:
Scutum (Roman Shield used to defend yourself from fire and melee)
M1911 Pistol (short range replacement for vanilla pistol, great CQC weapon 7 shot low damage bursts with fast reload)
Musket (vanilla Lee Einfield replacement, high-medium ranged weapon very inaccurate but very cheap used by tribes 1 shot with very long reload)
Baton (melee weapon with a 99.99% to incap, very weak mostly used on non armored foes or prisoners to beat them into submission)
Light Saber (melee weapon that boosts running speed and gives block chances to melee and ranged attacks, very powerful weapon that usually cuts off limbs)
Pickaxe (Tool used to mine, terribly useless weapon with almost no chance to hit a target but increases mining speed dramatically)
Hammer (Tool used to construct, terrible melee weapon that speeds up construction time)
L96 (extremely long rang weapon high damage with a medium reload time, good for taking out threats before they arrive)
P90 (replaces M16 medium-short range sub machine gun used mostly in CQC where it is king, 50 round fast burst with medium reload great for taking on groups of enemies and "peppering" them)
Ronon's Pistol (medium-short range highly accurate futuristic laser pistol used by Ronon in the SGA series, inflicts terrible wounds)
Knife (Vanilla replacement for knife, low damage fast stabbing and lots of blood)
RPD (Vanilla LMG replacement hundred shot indirect weapon, best at "peppering" large groups of enemies to keep them hurt
SPAS-12 (Vanilla pump shotgun replacement hard hitting shotgun used to rip apart the body and destroy it's victims)
Uzi (Updated vanilla Uzi with 20 shots better reload and smarter range, a faster less damaging version of the P90)
Gladius (Replaces vanilla short sword, moderately powerful with moderate hit speed, good all rounder)
Grenades (Replaces Vanilla Grenades, shorter range and bigger boom make them a difficult weapon to master)
50 Cal (Sniper Rifle that is longer range but less accurate than the L96 also does more damage)
AK-47 (Great cheap AR good for a army)
BAR (LMG that is a mix between the AR and LMG, lower bullets but higher damage and accuracy make it a beat)
Bren (Almost identical to the BAR except with a bigger clip and a slight accuracy reduction)
Colt 44 Pistol (Great at close range this hard hitting pistol is a 6 shooting killer)
Short Bow (remastered to fit in with other weapons cheap and fast firing)
Long Bow (Sniper of it's day it can and will be a cheap beast to use)
M4A1 (a inbetween to the M16 and AK47 a nice balance for a AR)
M16 (accurate quick and ranged if it didn't cost so much you might keep it)
Nordic Long Sword (beast of a melee weapon it will cleave in two what the gladius just pokes)
Shiv (very speedy melee weapon, once they get you they don't stop)
Spear (Remastered hard hitter with a poor hit speed, play keep away)
Stones (shorter range means these things are useless just set them back down where you got them)
Pilum (remastered do not let yourself get hit by these short range evil doers or you may lose a arm or leg)
Tranquilizer Pistol (a longer range Baton with a nice dart to make enemies go night night)
Stoner 63 (BAR replica with bigger clip and a few tweaks to make it a slightly different weapon)
M60 (A 125 round high damage killer the only thing holding this back is the reload time and the fact that the accuracy is terrible, longer ranged than the RPD)
Glock (offers a little more versatility to the pistol section, newer design pistol with 17 round clips make it a CQC champ)
Scutum and Gladius (the offensive might of the Roman Gladius with the defensive capabilities of the Roman Scutum. Be afraid be very afraid)

Download Link:

Future Plans:
Entirely Dependent on you guys, I want the weapons to sort of balance each other out and yet be fun to use. Real guns will stay close to their counterparts while futuristic and fantasy weapons will be a bit OP over them (because the future) ideas can be submitted below and if I have the coding skill and texturing skill I will add them to the mod (thankfully the forums is filled with great teachers so what I don't know I can learn) so in short the future plans mostly revolve around you guys.

Special thanks to:
ItchyFlea (helping me understand coding)
Rikiki (helping me understand how to set weapons textures and bullets)
Shinzy (helping me understand code and setting textures to bullets also his coding of the stat modifiers was true brilliance)

Almost all the above have their own mods as well go check them out :D

Permissions:
You the user have permission to edit any weapon, add the mod to a modpack, and examine and use the coding I used in anyway shape or form. Also if you are a creator of a similar mod and want to use the textures feel free to do so, the only thing you cannot do is take the content as a whole and release it as yours.

Want to support development?:
Click this shiny gold text to donate pennies to dollars a month as long as you want via patreon

Closing:
I hope to take this mod to a great place and I hope you will be patient with me that I am still learning things :) hope you enjoy the mod

Iwillbenicetou

This will satisfy me for now. PA adds way too many guns, and checking them off takes way too much time...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Sooner535

I love how many guns PA adds personally :) lots of variety though I think he tried to stay true to vanilla while I am trying to make it a little more brutal in fights.

thrakkemarn

Hey hey, LOOOVE me some weapons mods. I'm super OCD about balance though - any chance you can post any tables or charts or lists you might have of the weapon stats in your mod? Only if you already have something, don't do extra work when I can look it up myself, just thought I'd ask in case you had something already.

Kudos!

Sooner535

No I do not, however that is a fantastic idea. I find myself constantly opening and closing different things to find a balance and that would make it simpler, once I get done with it, and a few (3-8) more guns I will update to 0.5 and the chart will be included :) also that way people who know more of guns can help me by suggesting balance changes :D awesome also I'm thinking about working on the vanilla mech mini gun next I'm thinking fast firing inaccurate 200 bullet shooting (course with 200 bullets who cares about aiming?)

thrakkemarn

Cool, looking forward to it.

Decided to poke around the mod files, if you don't mind me asking (very new to this game here) what does the BaseDamageTypes you added do? It looks like it's an incapacitating damage type like for the tranquilizer pistol? But the message says "beaten to death".

Iwillbenicetou

You know you can put links in without the uglyness of all that gibberish. I think it's like this but without dashes and spaces:

[url--=  http://URL-  ] What text you want to see[- /url-]
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

LORDPrometheus

So is this a balance mod a weapons mod or a hardcore mod?
All of the above?

thrakkemarn

Oh dear lord I just had the worst hunting accident ... um, I'm thinking as cool as all of the pistols etc having burst firing is, for the sake of my sanity I am going to mod all of the burst weapons back to reasonable numbers of bullets >.<

If you're curious, the first bullet in the burst killed the target squirrel, the subsequent 6 bullets flew past hitting 2 of my colonists, crippling them both with minor but permanent wounds.

Sooner535

^ lol I had entirely too big of a laugh with that one >.< try the RPD and tell me how THAT goes :) on another note using the L96 is a good way to hunt it rarely misses with someone with shooting 6+-7+

As for my gobbly goop in my signature ya I realize I can but eh then I wouldn't need the nice yellow/white stuff >.<

This mod is a hardcore/realism mod, I am trying to keep guns pretty close to what they actually are (though with a few tweaks here and there) the RPD for example actually shoots 100 mag and takes ages to reload, while the snipers are kisses of death (if you see bandits with them kill them ASAP especially if they have shooting over 5, good way to get em is get in melee range it is terrible at close range (but still can hit you)

Sooner535

BTW: you have a 0.001% chance of dying via the incap damage type (I literally took 100+ colonists and beat them senseless only 1 died) though I think the response to the damage sounds about right (except for of course the tranq gun lol beaten em with me darts)

Coenmcj

It's like the STALKER Misery mod, but for rimworld.

It was coming, and Sooner rather than later.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Sooner535

Updated to V0.5 download will be ready on Moddb when they authorize it change log is:
M60 Added
Stoner 63 Added
Glock Added
Almost all weapons received some sort of editing
Added a text file with almost all the stats for every gun (took some doing lol) this will allow you gun enthusiasts to suggest balancing changes to me easier, will be updated each release 

Nopkar

I find it funny sooner that you have a fantastic rimworld mod but you don't actually have an LP series on rimworld itself! c'mon man! :D

Back on topic: Great diversity of weapons, downloading and playing around tonight! I hope you and evul can find a good middle ground and maybe work together some time on a 'Weapon Fanatics Wet Dream' pack or something like that

EDIT: quick look through of the items, maybe a Riot shield to go with a more modern 'Scutum'? Maybe make it more expensive with an overall boost to resistances?